Shipping from Ireland,who to use?

TraceyandAlan

Hi all,

we are looking for shipping companies to ship from Ireland to Melbourne,has anyone had good or bad experiences with company's they would like to share?

I got what i think is a good quote from Careline but not really sure what the going rate from Ireland is?

Having worked it out approx. it would be around 2.5 or 90 cu/ft so it would be a shared container.

Thanks

I haven't shipped yet, but careline def win on price.

I called in to see them during the week, and the facility in Parkwest seems clean and well organised.

There seems to be alot of good reports from people who have used careline in the past.... search on "careline" in the search...

Got several quotes for a 20ft container

Pickford,Crown and careline all came in within €300 of each other. However aachener came in significantly cheaper.

www.aachener-international.com

I'd suggest getting at least 3 quotes.

We haven't decided yet who to go with- The negotiations will begin next week.

We are a family of 5 also heading to Melbourne, hopefully early June- Trying to narrow down a place to live- What area are you going to in Melbourne?

Pickford,Crown and careline all came in within €300 of each other. However aachener came in significantly cheaper.

We are a family of 5 also heading to Melbourne, hopefully early June- Trying to narrow down a place to live- What area are you going to in Melbourne?

No idea where were going to go !we have to enter by April 24th so better get get a move on, we lived in parkdale before as i was sponsored with a company in Frankston so we chose Parkdale as it was halfway between city and work and sitting right on the beach!

Not much to Parkdale itself but has most of what you need and is close to motorway so easy to get places and i remember saying if i we had kids it would be a nice place to live i imagine prices might be a bit high there though.

Will check out aachener never heard of them.Cheers

I haven't shipped yet, but careline def win on price.

I called in to see them during the week, and the facility in Parkwest seems clean and well organised.

There seems to be alot of good reports from people who have used careline in the past.... search on "careline" in the search...

We used careline, they were really good. They were the best for us on price and i think it took only 11weeks door to door and that included time over the xmas period when everything shut down here.

• 1 year later...
Guest davina2012

Hi there, we are about to use AMC Removals for our move to melbourne, we have 560cubic feet also a shared load and they quoted me Euro2980 which was the cheapest I got. they are in kildare 045 874498

ADMIN NOTE: ** The above post originates from the same IP address as several other users who have also registered to promote the same company. rolleyes.gif

Hi we used Careline, I put up a report here couple days ago! I was let down big time by one of the companies mentioned in this thread, pm if you want to know their name and there was a member here from Ireland who had a BIG problem with another one! Again pm me for details

Hi there, we are about to use AMC Removals for our move to melbourne, we have 560cubic feet also a shared load and they quoted me Euro2980 which was the cheapest I got. they are in kildare 045 874498

Hi davina if I can give you small advice read the contract 100 times before you sign it !!!!!

Please pm me before you book them and I will fill you in on my poor experience

Guest sunnydays4

we have used crown relocations so far so good. the guys came on monday and packed up everything real professional and have heard yesterday that our goods have set sail so fingers crossed all goes well. we had aachenner, aace and mcgimseys in but felt that crown were the most professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paddygunner, will you fill a full 20 ft container, I will be heading that direction around may/june but I'm just looking to send a few boxes and was wondering if you would be open to a share, to save money. pm me if interested.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest funnybaby2013

We have used AMC Removals and credit where credit is due we received an amazing service both the office and collection and delivery men gave us from the packing to the delivery at the other end . Haven't experienced such high quality service in removals ever! I will not hesitate in recommending them.

ADMIN NOTE: ** The above post originates from the same IP address as several other users who have also registered to promote the same company. :rolleyes:

We are in the process of getting quotes, we had careline last thursday, quote next day..after I picked myself of the floor I booked two more for this thursday, hanley and airsea (belfast).

I will post results, 2 have said they will match any quote! this will be interesting ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nimhug
Hi Paddygunner, will you fill a full 20 ft container, I will be heading that direction around may/june but I'm just looking to send a few boxes and was wondering if you would be open to a share, to save money. pm me if interested.

Hi Kinggriff,

We are heading to Melbourne and faced the same with only a few small boxes to take with us, certainly not worth a container! After research, we have found that An Post actually offered us the best value for what we have. You can send a 20kg box with them for €120 and it takes 7 days. We sent one last week so I can let you know how we get on! I am thinking of sending my bike with them!

Guest nimhug
Hi Kinggriff,

We are heading to Melbourne and faced the same with only a few small boxes to take with us, certainly not worth a container! After research, we have found that An Post actually offered us the best value for what we have. You can send a 20kg box with them for €120 and it takes 7 days. We sent one last week so I can let you know how we get on! I am thinking of sending my bike with them!

After posting this, I found this - looks like it will be dropping to €60 in May. Just be careful of the dimensional weight also, depends what you are sending!

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/transport-shipping/146735-postage-ireland.html

Archived