Evacuation warnings ??????

calNgary

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good friend of mine who has alot of family around Gatton has managed to get hold of a large truck and is taking donations up to the Gatton area next weekend. We have a ute load of toys, clothes,books etc to go so ,if anyone nearby wants to donate feel free to drop here and i will pass on or i may be able to collect locally.

Cal x

Guest Taylor72
A good friend of mine who has alot of family around Gatton has managed to get hold of a large truck and is taking donations up to the Gatton area next weekend. We have a ute load of toys, clothes,books etc ,if anyone nearby wants to dinate feel free to drop here and i will pass on or i may be able to collect locally.

Cal x

People with hearts as big as yours cal are absolute diamonds:hug:

For everyone to muck in is totally inspirational xx

Take care and keep up the good work x

Annette:hug:

For anyone in rented accommodation that has been affected by flooding, the following article might be of interest.

How To End A Lease On A Flooded Apartment / House / Property | QLD

Basically, you are obliged to keep paying rent, until you give formal notice that you are leaving the property because it in uninhabitable. The agreement ends as soon as you give notice.

Love

Rudi

x

A good friend of mine who has alot of family around Gatton has managed to get hold of a large truck and is taking donations up to the Gatton area next weekend. We have a ute load of toys, clothes,books etc to go so ,if anyone nearby wants to donate feel free to drop here and i will pass on or i may be able to collect locally.

Cal x

Really glad the folks in Gatton are getting some assistance. Well done getting that together. :notworthy:

To all:

I have written and attached a very brief account of my experience yesterday in the flood affected area of Oxley. I realise this is far from the worst affected area and that the work I have done is nothing compared to some, however; I am getting some really good feedback from this document so have decided to distribute it as widely as possible to encourage the continuation of volunteering and more importantly donations. I have already had several messages confirming new volunteers and additional money, so please feel free to pass this on....if it makes a small difference then it will be worth it. I will be back into it next weekend if my back can handle it!

pdf should be attached - if you can't read/open it, you may need to go to www.adobe.com to download their free "Acrobat Reader".

To all:

I have written and attached a very brief account of my experience yesterday in the flood affected area of Oxley. I realise this is far from the worst affected area and that the work I have done is nothing compared to some, however; I am getting some really good feedback from this document so have decided to distribute it as widely as possible to encourage the continuation of volunteering and more importantly donations. I have already had several messages confirming new volunteers and additional money, so please feel free to pass this on....if it makes a small difference then it will be worth it. I will be back into it next weekend if my back can handle it!

pdf should be attached - if you can't read/open it, you may need to go to www.adobe.com to download their free "Acrobat Reader".

I really enjoyed reading that. Thank you for sharing your day with us, :hug:

Love

Rudi

x

Darren, that is a very powerful argument for sparing that extra dollar or making that bit more time. I think the challenge is to keep momentum after the great start to fundraising and volunteering. Those of us able to around affected areas need to make plans for this to be a regular effort, I would hate for victims to be forgotten in a month or two while they still try to rebuild.

Thanks guys; I have just been told this piece will be published in a Danish newspaper that covers the south of the country!!!

(my wife is Danish and her Dad works for a small local paper)

A friend of ours has sent it to a lot of her colleagues in the US and several people at work are now circulating it to their friends.... hopefully this will cause a few extra pennies to come in!

Archived