How do you switch from a 175 to 176 SS Visa?

nic0218

Hi there,

Apologies if this issue has been covered in any other threads!

I'm about to start the process of state sponsorship with SA, which seems fairly simple. However, how do I go about changing my 175 visa for a 176 SS visa. Is it simply a matter of informing DIAC of wishing to change? Or, do I have to fill in a new application & submit it? My worry is that if it is the latter. I had enough points with my original application, but when I entered my info into the points calculator, yesterday, I was 10 points short!

Would appreciate any responses!

Many thanks in advance

If you had lodged your 175 application before 1st July 2010, you can switch to 176 without applying for new application. Once you have obtained your SS, the state will then inform DIAC by forwarding 1100 form..

Hi there,

Apologies if this issue has been covered in any other threads!

I'm about to start the process of state sponsorship with SA, which seems fairly simple. However, how do I go about changing my 175 visa for a 176 SS visa. Is it simply a matter of informing DIAC of wishing to change? Or, do I have to fill in a new application & submit it? My worry is that if it is the latter. I had enough points with my original application, but when I entered my info into the points calculator, yesterday, I was 10 points short!

Would appreciate any responses!

Many thanks in advance

Archived