Any Mech Eng/Fitters out there, need advice

foy465

just wondering if any mechanical engineers or fitters who have recently moved over could possibily shed some light on shipping for me ?

We are due to move out soon, and starting to sort out stuff for shipping, I have a load of tools that I will be shipping, I understand that they have to be spotless clean dont they ? would you suggest spraying them with Jeyes fluid afterwards ?

The big question is, can I ship oil, grease and lubricating sprays ? all new and unused.

Many thanks in advance

Hiya

Hubby shipped all his tools and they cleared customs fine. He put what he could through a hot engine wash to get all the oil and grease off and made sure his tool boxes were mint. Jeyes fluid is good for wiping down as it stinks and customs know as soon as they open your container that youve been cleaning,lol.

Not sure on the aerosols, i would imagine if its the odd can here and there you will be fine but if you have boxes full of new stuff they may pick you up on it.

Hope this helps a little

Cal x

Hiya

Hubby shipped all his tools and they cleared customs fine. He put what he could through a hot engine wash to get all the oil and grease off and made sure his tool boxes were mint. Jeyes fluid is good for wiping down as it stinks and customs know as soon as they open your container that youve been cleaning,lol.

Not sure on the aerosols, i would imagine if its the odd can here and there you will be fine but if you have boxes full of new stuff they may pick you up on it.

Hope this helps a little

Cal x

We arrived over 6 years ago, at that time aerosols were a definite NO. Our shippers did our packing for us and left them all out...

Archived