certified documents

Guest chris71

Guest chris71

hello all,have just appointed a migration agent ( asa consultants . any good?) and in process of skills assesssment application ,and wondering where to get my documents certified .also what about statutory declarations or affidavits .just want to know what other people have done to get an idea of what to do. many thanks for any reply.

we went to a local solicitor who did this - for a charge - worked out to be about 5 pounds per document.

When we came over to melbourne, we needed to get more certified docs done -for other reasons - took them to the local chemist where the pharmacist does them for free!!!!!!!!!

Unsure if they are permitted to do them in the UK but worth a check

Guest Anita

:) Hi Chris,

We too used a Solicitor and they only charged us £1 per document and as they were so cheap we got 2 copies of everything..one for the skills assessment and one for the Visa application. Our sponsors in Melbourne took the documents they needed to have certified to their local police station where they are done for free but alas you can't do this in the UK.

My advice would be to shop around....I contacted 4 solicitors and their prices varied from £1 per document to £7 so it's worth spending half an hour on the phone.

Good luck, hope it all goes well.

Anita x

Guest shrek

My brother in law is a Chartered Account so he signed ours for us, other wise i would recommend shopping around for a solicitor.

We to are using ASA very good service even with the most silliest oand smallest of questions.

good luck

Guest chris71

hi all thanks for your help ,iwill try the solicitors first then maybe a trip to the chemists.much apprieciated

Guest scoop

Hi Chris

I am also with ASA and they have a very comprehensive list on who can and how to certify documents correctly, yo will find this in your client area. It is best to get it right first time as it will only delay things even further.

Good look with it all

SCoop

I am using an agent CLB little John Frazer and the lady dealing with it is an Aussie JP so can certify all documents as i send them to her.

Guest MattandSarah

We are also using ASA. Can't fault them so far. Have just been asked for medicals so we are assuming all info submitted was good enough thanks to ASA!

• 3 weeks later...

We are using ASA too but find ing the whole application daunting to say the least. All I can work out is that we need to duplicate the forms and the certified copies of the references along with passports and birth marriage certificates and send them by courier to Perth.

I am sure that they will want more and this will delay us by months :cry:

Guest scoop

Hi immy21

It does take a while but follow what ASA ask for and you get there :roll:

I sent all my documents by royal mail international signed for a lot cheaper and about the same timescale to arrive.

The early stages are easier I felt as you had something to do. Now my application is in and it is just a waiting game it is killing me :o

Even though I have house and contents to sell and dogs to prepare for transport!!!!

Good luck with it all :)

SCoop

8)

We've only just sent off TRA docs to our agent (Jo @ Grist International - any comments?) by International Registered - cost £7 & told should take about 4 days (I''m not convinced but will let you know how long they take).

Sounds like you all got good rates for certified copies - our Notary Public signed 7 documents + 2 photographs and said his standard rate was £20 per signature (not bad for 5 minutes work eh?) anyhow, he said that as he had done a few he would reduce it to £10 per signature & then only asked for £50 so we paid up & left sharpish! Not sure whether to go back to him for next lot or try elsewhere!

Waiting is so hard - hoping we'll be so busy through the summer that the time will fly past until we receive things back. Would really like to know before xmas if we've been accepted or not - can't face another new year's day with prospect of not getting away.

Good luck to all

Guest scoop

I was only being charged £5 per visit at my local solicitor regardless of how many documents needed signing!!

So like some folks like to make easy money!!

Good luck with it all

SCoop

x

Guest MattandSarah

If you are finding ceritifed copies expensive, you could always try donating to your local school fund and asking the Head Master/Mistress to do them all for you? We suggested a one off fee of £50 to cover all of them - TRA and VISA. We had over 30 pages by the time you have done everything twice - so although £70 seemed expensive it didn't work out too bad per signature, bearing in mind the dog ate my passport one afternoon so I had to get new pictures and new passport signed too!

Alternatively, you can pay for a letter from a solicitor and then take the letter anddocuments to your post office you offer a certifying service - about £5 per document. Not cheap, but better than some expensive solicitors.

I was lucky that I got them all signed for fee in the end through my employer.!

I must have been really lucky as i just rang a solicitor out of the yellow pages and he certified on the same day as many as needed (40ish) and didnt charge me ,i did but him a big box of choccies and left a 'few quid' for a drink on my last visit though.

Cal x

Guest denisecraig

I was also lucky, we went to the nearest "funded" centre in a slightly deprived area, all it cost was a box of choccs. We made sure they were really good choccs!

Denise

Archived