Hiya

SimoneAL

Hi all, but I have posted a couple of questions already, but I haven.t introduced myself properly yet!

My wife (Brit) and I (Italian) have decided to try to migrate to Australia and start a new life with our two kids (1 and 4 yrs old). I am rushing to have the SS application lodged (ACT) before my 40th birthday, to be 100% sure I have enought points.

I am struggling to have the paperwork ready for skills assessment as 511112 Program or Project Administrator . Before moving to the UK I had my own business in Italy and to obtain the right documents is much more complicated and time consuming I thought.

We decided NOT to have a migration agent, because it's to expensive and we were going to read all the procedures/guidelines anyway. I hope we won't regret it...

I am sure I'll be back with more silly questions:biggrin:

Merry Xmas! :santadance:

Welcome to PIO!

There's plenty of people on here who have done their own paperwork so if you need help don't heistate to ask!

Merry Christmas to you and yours! :santa1:

Caz

Ciao SimoneAL,

Io non sono italiano ma parlo un po la lingua :wink: Benvenuto a PIO, qua ce tanta gente che ti aiuterà and spero che trovi quello che cerchi :yes:

Buona fortuna con la tua nuova avventura :laugh:

Cheers

B!K3R

Complimenti, il tuo italiano e' ottimo! :cool:

• 1 month later...

Hi there!!

Have you had any luck with Vetassess?? I've applied for the same category 511112 & its been 9 weeks now... :(

Havent heard anything, hoping that you either had better luck or at least haveing more luck than me at this point in time!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Hi there!!

Have you had any luck with Vetassess?? I've applied for the same category 511112 & its been 9 weeks now... :(

Havent heard anything, hoping that you either had better luck or at least haveing more luck than me at this point in time!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Hi Zack!I haven't got that far unfortunately.:cry:

My accountant back in Rome has not provided me a decent statement and the supporting documents yet. I am fuming! :arghh:

Phoning doesn't seem to be enough, I'll give him another 2 weeks and if nothing happens I may have to catch a flight, go there and convince him somehow :Randy-git: or go for a Statutory Declaration...

By the way, the occupation is on Southern Australia SS list. Are you dreaming of Canberra or Adelaide? or both? :jiggy:

Hi Simon!

Well to be honest i prefer SA to Canberra, but will take whatever comes my way first. Hoping to apply for both. Wonder if that would be a problem??:frown:

I think a Stat Dec would be a lot easier for you, i included a stat dec as well... but also attached Salary slips, confirmation letters, superanuation fund reduction confirmations etc. to prove my case. Will update you how my asessment works out, maybe it will be good to see how vetasess will perceive the attachment of a stat dec with my case.

Best of luck!!!

Thanks!

I would prefer SA as well.

The main reason is that Canberra is a relatively small city with 1 major employer. If something goes wrong with that employer, the whole local economy goes bananas. I am thinking of the Government axing posts or closing non priority projects to implement so called efficiencies and to cut costs. It does not need to happen of course, but if it does it would be very tough, also considering the cost of living there.

I am starting looking at eomployer sponsored opportunities as well, first interview tomorrow! Fingers crossed.... :cool:

Simone

Right on! That's the risk with Camberra + there's not a lot to do there either.

Are you already based in Australia... would be very useful if you could advice me on how you set up the interviews etc. if you are based overseas!!

That might be a good option for me as well..... did you just apply for Jobs online? & conducted a Videocon interview?

Good luck with the interview buddy!! :biggrin:

Right on! That's the risk with Camberra + there's not a lot to do there either.

Are you already based in Australia... would be very useful if you could advice me on how you set up the interviews etc. if you are based overseas!!

That might be a good option for me as well..... did you just apply for Jobs online? & conducted a Videocon interview?

Good luck with the interview buddy!! :biggrin:

Here I am! :biggrin:

I went for an interview here in the UK. I have found a job advert on More jobs, more choice at reed.co.uk, the UK and applied for it.

It turned out that they are not recruiting for any specific posts but acting us intermediaries. They find people with a profile in demand here and try to sell them down under. Nothing wrong with that, but it would have been nice to tell me in advance.

Actually, now I am looking for more intermediaries recruiting internationally for posts in OZ. Apparently, there are a few companies doing so and they prefer to recruit in the UK. :cool:.

Archived