Trades on the WA SMP list

Nick and sez

Finally us tradies have been given our break on the new WA SMP, what is more all the long hard stress and cash of the Vetassess and TRA means we dont have to go and pay money for the ielts test to prove to our commonwealth brothers that we in England are English and can speak and write it properly....

I was getting fed up with the idea of proving who i was from a country that created AUSTRALIA.....

Good on all those on the new WA SMP and sorry to those guys who are not, but like all things the DIAC change like the wind...

who knows whats next..:wacko:

Nick(General Plumber)(Finally on a :idea:bloody SMP.)

Guest antipope
Finally us tradies have been given our break on the new WA SMP, what is more all the long hard stress and cash of the Vetassess and TRA means we dont have to go and pay money for the ielts test to prove to our commonwealth brothers that we in England are English and can speak and write it properly....

I was getting fed up with the idea of proving who i was from a country that created AUSTRALIA.....

Good on all those on the new WA SMP and sorry to those guys who are not, but like all things the DIAC change like the wind...

Same here, toolmaker also hadn't been on any other smp's and i was fearing the worst.

been on a high all day, having a few beers now to celebrate being one step closer.

Guest Jane1991

I think its plain discrimination when you treat applicants differently because of their nationality. But then political correctness never really took hold in the neanderthal island.

Guest Jane1991

Applicants from certain countries are not required to submit IELTS score when claiming points for IELTS 6 level English.

Even though English may be widely spoken in Commonwealth countries(and others as well) I think its politically incorrect to apply different standards to different applicant groups merely because of their citizenship.

Back to the OP ...WA = Wait awhile. I think we all waited for a long time to see the WASMOL SMP :-)

Guest jucee555

COngrats to u, a bit closer :-) We were also relieved to see carpenters on the list but feeling sad for the ones who didn't get on the list also.

Guest ian & jo

We too are on a high at the moment, finally having the good news that we are on WA SMP is a great feeling!!! Gutted for all those who haven't been included, hang in there, hopefully there's a way around it. Jo

Yes us too, still a little bewildered, but very happy to be on SMP.

Was expecting the worse for us Toolmakers (Antipope), but proved wrong.

Good luck to everyone on the SMP, another hurdle passed, onto the next...............

Such a big blow for the peeps who have SS and are not on the SMP, no amount of words will make up for how sh*te you are all feeling

Paul & Babs

I think Friday was a bittersweet day for many of us!!

I always thought us tradies would be safe. We don't come across too many air conditioning engineers!

Archived