banks

steve/helen

Guest al&nic

Hi Helen,

I don't think westpac bank has a branch in the UK but could be wrong. I am thinking of using HSBC. You can set up a premier account in the UK and when you get to Oz all you have to do is call into a branch and lift your cards and the account is ready to go.

Hi, we applied for our westpac account on line then activated it once we were in Oz (just popped into the bank) they had our cards and cheque book ready, we did a pin number for the cards there and then and the account was ready to use.

Ali

Guest dannyboy

Steve / Helen,

Westpac have a branch in London. I've been in contact with them and they can open an account for you, when you arrive in Oz you then need to visit a local westpac so they can then order your cards. Or..... I bank with HSBC and they have told me that they can open an account in Oz while also having my Uk account. Doing this (according the nice woman in the bank) will also transfer my current credit history (I hope it's good!). The only worry I have is that I don't know how many HSBC's they have in Melbourne.. they claim to be the world's bank.... let's hope so..

Dan

Guest dannyboy

Steve / Helen,

63 St. Mary Axe LONDON, EC3A 8LE

0207 621 7000

Hope this helps...... I'm going to see them some time in August as we leave in early September..

Thanks

Dan

Guest OldiesRUs
Steve / Helen,

Westpac have a branch in London. I've been in contact with them and they can open an account for you, when you arrive in Oz you then need to visit a local westpac so they can then order your cards. Or..... I bank with HSBC and they have told me that they can open an account in Oz while also having my Uk account. Doing this (according the nice woman in the bank) will also transfer my current credit history (I hope it's good!). The only worry I have is that I don't know how many HSBC's they have in Melbourne.. they claim to be the world's bank.... let's hope so..

Dan

I too bank with HSBC 'the world's local bank' - yeah right. When in Aus at the beginning of the year I went in to a branch near where we were staying to open an account. I took my cheque book and other stuff to prove I was an HSBC customer and they didn't want to know!! Told me I had to do it over here. So came home, went into my branch and asked them and they said they couldn't set it up from here they could only give us an introduction to a branch over there. Very frustrating!!!!

So we are looking at other ways. But in answer to your question, yes HSBC are in Melbourne, big one actually in Melbourne and branches outside, although not a huge number.

Jean

Guest BullcreekBob
Hi can anyone tell me if westpac bank has a branch over here in the uk?It would be easier to sort things out if they did.I know the commonwealth bank does but i would like to compare another bank with it.Thanks for any help Helen:cute:

G'day

The ANZ have offices in London where you can open and activate Aussie accounts. You can also get mortgages to buy i Aus before you get there.

Go to ANZ - UK - ANZ UK as a starting point.

Bob in Bull Creek

Guest Fredtheman
G'day

The ANZ have offices in London where you can open and activate Aussie accounts. You can also get mortgages to buy i Aus before you get there.

Go to ANZ - UK - ANZ UK as a starting point.

Bob in Bull Creek

Thanks for the info on the banks Bob.So what do you photograph? Take a few pics myself.

Fred

Archived