Electricians - TRA Trade test in Oz - Help Pls

Guest grogs

Hey Guys

I have just arrived in Perth WA and have applied to have my City & Guilds qualification transfered and because I am doing it in Australia I have to apply through the TRA as apposed to applying before hand in the UK and applying through VetAssses.

The TRA have requested that I do a Trade test at Neca, college of electrical training.

So here are the big questions:

Has anyone done this trade test recently and what can I expect?

Can you chose the specific tasks in the the different sections of the practicle or are you told which tasks you are required to do?

I am worried about the theory and practicle with regard to Single phase and Three phase motors:

1 phase - Universal Motor?

1 phase - Capacitor Start - induction Run Induction Motor?

3 phase - Direct on Line?

3 phase - Star Delta?

If any one has any advise or wouldn't mind a chat about the trade test please get in touch!

Thanks guys, I'll let you know how it goes, I write on the 13 December 2010. For those of you who are in same boat I will let you know what is coming!

Guest fat-tigger

hi grogs,

i'm "awaiting assessment" with the TRA at the moment, which City & Guilds quals are you getting recognised and how long have you been waiting before you heard from them inviting you to a trade test?

thanks for any info

Guest english reject

Try britishexpats.com they have loads of info in the working abroad by proffesion, I did vetassess in the UK so cannt help with TRA

hi grogs,

i'm "awaiting assessment" with the TRA at the moment, which City & Guilds quals are you getting recognised and how long have you been waiting before you heard from them inviting you to a trade test?

thanks for any info

I did C&G 2330 level 2 and 3

I can't remember the time frame but they always responded well within the time frames they give.

Good luck

• 1 month later...
Guest darkblueltd

Hi Grogs,

How did the trade test go?

Difficult?

Im coming over soon and ill probably have to do it. Was was in it?

Cheers buddy

• 8 months later...

Hey Grogs,

How did you get on in the trade test?

Ive been asked to do 1, and was just wondering whats involved, any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Patty

• 1 month later...

Archived