Irn Bru and Mushy Peas

whopperdaisy

I dropped into an Irish & British store I hadn't seen before on Lutwyche Rd just north of Brisbane (by Windsor State School). They had an array of goodies and apparently soon to get some more in, the lady in there reckoned the slabs of Irn Bru bottles are about the last in Australia as the importer she got them from went into liquidation. There are all kinds of, er, delicacies such as black pudding, white pudding, scotch pies, Irish and Cumberland sausages, red jelly in proper cubes, pick & mix and sweets, crisps etc. Quite a few Irish goodies and souvenirs. Not quite as fully stocked yet as some places but I did see some items that weren't in my local British shop and I'll certainly drop back in.

Thought this might be helpful for anyone in the area as it is quite close to the city/Valley area, and they will also ship around Australia according to their flyer. The shop's called Celtic Koala.

Guest siamsusie

I would be so so tempted if I lived in Brisbane to buy the remaining IrnBrew and keep in my cellar, something like storing a vintage wine:laugh:and therefore I could command quite a high price to the discerning palate like me mate Stevie Ellis:tongue:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

When we were in Perth, we saw a BRITISH shop with union jacks all over and signs saying if you are missing stuff from the uk, you can buy it here, but................ it was at extortionate prices. Most of the stuff you could buy Australia style and it was practically the same, but................. there are some sad needy people over in OZ who are desperate for things from back home, bless em.

Guest Guest40285
When we were in Perth, we saw a BRITISH shop with union jacks all over and signs saying if you are missing stuff from the uk, you can buy it here, but................ it was at extortionate prices. Most of the stuff you could buy Australia style and it was practically the same, but................. there are some sad needy people over in OZ who are desperate for things from back home, bless em.

Well this sad needy person would love some of the real jelly cubes, Ah bless me :tongue:

Woolworths seem to be stepping up their game too with imported food, this last month our local Wollies has had a UK section with Batchellors Mushy Peas, Double Deckers, Fry's flavored chocolate, Maynards Wine Gums etc,,, and best of all they are selling British Cumberland ring Sausage and they are yummm, (unlike any other sausage you buy here,lol). Prices are pretty good considering its food imported from the UK with Double deckers around $1.20 and the Cumberland ring sausage $5.89.

Cal x

Ours never did until a few weeks ago,I was like a child in a toy shop when i saw it all,lol i have a friend who brings me pickled red cabbage from Coles at Buderim as our Coles don't do it (spoil sports,lol), maybe your Coles should have a word with our Coles,lol.

Cal x

Well this sad needy person would love some of the real jelly cubes, Ah bless me :tongue:

I'd have sent you some down but then I got stuck in a traffic jam and, well, you wouldn't have wanted me fainting from hunger while on the motorway now would you?

@ Whitelaw, the lady in the shop I think said it was one of the WA distributors that went into liquidation (at least I think that's what she said, I was a little distracted by a display of Minstrels). I wonder if that will affect supply over there.

Guest Lizzy123

Ya that place Celtic Koala on Lutwyche Rd is selling it for $3.80 a bottle or a crate of 12 for $35! Which works out at around $2.80 if bought in bulk) pretty good deal!

Guest The Pom Queen
Ya that place Celtic Koala on Lutwyche Rd is selling it for $3.80 a bottle or a crate of 12 for $35! Which works out at around $2.80 if bought in bulk) pretty good deal!

NOTE: Celtic Koala is owned by Lizzy123

Guest Jillaroo

I've just discovered the English food section in Woolies in Burleigh Heads! Spent $6 on a packet of Jelly Babies (worth it!) and couldn't resist the Hula Hoops or Double Decker either. Disappointed the Jaffa Cakes were sold out but probably a good thing at $5.50... and I even resisted the caramel wafers at $6 . Spent a fortune & I had only popped in for some milk.lol.

Archived