Air Con licence in Sydney

Guest Brookesy

Guest Brookesy

Hello,

Does anyone know anything about getting your air con licence for NSW? i'm heading over in sept/oct now i have my visa and wondered what's involved and where you get it from???

I'm also trying to arrange work in sydney installing and servicing split air con systems before i go, would anyone know the best way to go about it..website's or contacts etc???

Any help would be great,

Cheers Mark.

Guest fatpom

You'll probably find what you're looking for on the ARC website ARCtick Homepage

This covers license requirements for handling greenhouse gases. I think its the "Office of Fair Trading" which issues licenses.

The other thing to consider is an electrical license. If you intend to install aircon then you'll need a full electrical license which will require a proven electrical apprenticeship. If you're servicing then you might get away with a restricted electrical license by doing a NREL course (National Ristricted Electrical) which is approx 1 year part time (night school). This permits you to disconnect/reconnect up to 600V.

Many people use the buddy system whereby you get your sparky mate in to connect to mains for you to get around the need for a full license.

Archived