Sponsorship & ANMC HELP!

Lil Bev

Hi,

Hope someone can help me with a few questions regarding sponsorship and the ANMC. I applied for SA sponsorship today prior to the online application system temporarily closing tomorrow 16th-23rd/11/10, for the new system to be put in place. Once i completed the application it states on the application cover sheet that i must include "Evidence of any Licensing or Registration requirements for your nominated occupation". I am a registered nurse and as i have not yet applied for registration with AHPRA what sort of evidence can i include in the application? Also, i was aware of the financial support pro forma, however this now says it should only be sent if you are an international student. Has anyone sent their application without this form and sponsorship been approved? I'm guessing by what it now states that i do not need to send it. The last bullet point seems to point to this.

Financial Capacity

• It is your responsibility to ensure that you have sufficient funds for settling and living expenses when you arrive in South Australia. You should not dispose of any assets before your visa is granted.
  • A minimum total of the equivalent of AUD25,000 for a single applicant.
  • Additional AUD5,000 for each secondary applicant.
  • Must include an overall cash component of at least AUD10,000.
  • Must be available when applicant arrives in South Australia.
  • If you are a recent international student, you will need to complete the pdf_small_icon.gif Financial Support Pro Forma which is available as part of the Application form and in the Client Tracking System if you do not have the assets in your name.
  • If sufficient assets are in the principal applicants/partner’s name, only complete the relevant section in the online application form.

FINAL QUESTION (for nowcute.gif)

I havn't sent my supporting documents for sponsorship as yet as i am awaiting my letter of determination from the ANMC. I received and email from them on the 9th Nov stating that one will be sent shortly but i am still waiting, does anyone know how long it will take to get this? Then i can get the big ball rolling jiggy.gif

Thanks in advance,

Bev & Jay

Hi,

It took about two weeks to get my actual letter from the anmc. I had only just applied for my ahpra registration, but had a receipt for the fees so I put a copy of that in. I also put on the form that I had that overseas registration taking incredibly long time. We didn't send any proof of funds, as seems to be for students and we got sponsorship the day after our documents got there. I have stressed about each stage so far, so was lovely to think they wanted us! Good luck,

Gill x

Hi Ben and Jay

I don't know the answer - but my OH is a teacher and we are just noting on the form that he CAN MEET the registration requirements, but this will be done WHEN WE ARRIVE- I am assuming this is enough. MAybe you can do the same - as if you have a positive skills assessment it stands to rights that you could become licenced/registered in chosen profession?

The financial form is definitely just for students - the bit you filled in on the actual online form you ticked a box to say you will have all that money and that is enough.

Hope it helps, China :)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

It took about two weeks to get my actual letter from the anmc. I had only just applied for my ahpra registration, but had a receipt for the fees so I put a copy of that in. I also put on the form that I had that overseas registration taking incredibly long time. We didn't send any proof of funds, as seems to be for students and we got sponsorship the day after our documents got there. I have stressed about each stage so far, so was lovely to think they wanted us! Good luck,

Gill x

Hi Gill

Was it SA you applied for sponsorship? They received our documents yesterday hope it doesn't take long, we want to lodge the visa before xmas!

Bev x

Hi Bev,

yes we are sponsored by SA, couldn't believe how fast it was! We now have our 176 application in and are waiting impatiently for their SMP, trying not to be too nervous! Sure you'll hear soon as they still seem keen on nurses, thankfully! Good Luck!

Gill x

Thanks Gill! Hope ours is quick, i'm sure the whole world will know when/if we get ours! Going to apply for APHRA and visa once sponsorship comes through. Have you already got a job lined up or just making enquiries at the moment? Good luck with the visa.

Bev x

Hi Bev,

No job, am keeping an eye out but will probably wait until we are in Oz. Seems so confusing to know what to do first, get a job then decide where to live in Adelaide, or choose area to live but then maybe limit where can work? have you been to SA? i've only spent a few days in Adelaide years ago! My registration application is inching forward but they have been pretty good at emailing me and asking for info they already have!

Gill x

Archived