new VIC SMP - where are you now

Guest Mongobear

I can tell you, that after living for 20 years in a country with no snow, I'm missing it so much! Buy don't worry, in Australia you can have snow more or less when you want it (going to the Australian Alps or Tasmania or New Zealand) without having to LIVE with it.

You have been living in Australia for 20 years and only recently applied for PR ? What visa have you been staying on all these years? How is it even possible?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, you got me wrong. I was born in Russia and lived there till the age of 20, then I moved to Israel (a country with no snow and very hot weather) where I lived for another 20 years. We moved to Melbourne only 5 months ago on 457 visa.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

My theory regarding declaration email from VIC.

I checked my copy of the VIC SS application, I found that all of my attachments were named exactly as I named them but the declaration file's name had changed. I had named it declaration.pdf but it shows declaration34.pdf. The application copy I have is text only, so the attachments cannot be opened. I think somehow the declaration pdf got mucked up in the VIC system and they cannot open it. I guess this happened to a few people's applications and that's why they asked us to send it again.

One good news from this is that they are looking at our applications to make sure we have all supporting documents and our applications are complete. It may also mean that the industry panel for ICT is meeting soon. So, I think people who have not received this email should not worry. This is specially true because the declaration they asked us to sign was exactly the same declaration that we sent with our original application. So, I don't think we are chosen to resend the declaration. It doesn't make sense to ask applicants to sign the same declaration in a matter of weeks if they have original declarations. If it was after months, we could say they are trying to see whether we are still committed to VIC and that would be kind of a good sign. Now I think it's more a matter of supplying missing documents.

I don't have any theory regarding change of case ID.:smile:

You've really hit the nail on the head!

You said you named the file "declaration.pdf", but it was altered to "declaration34.pdf" - it explains the exact nature of the problem. Obviously the "declaration" is considered by system as some sort of a keyword, or a database's reserved word, etc. So naturally the script changed it by adding arbitrary numbers at the end. But it seems due to a bug in the script the actual content was not injected into the database, so the application ended up without the declaration. I used quite long and unique filenames for all my documents and everything went smooth... except the CV.

I composed filename for my CV following their instructions, but it was altered slightly by the system. So I'm sure I will never receive any emails about declaration, but it's quite possible I will be asked for "more detailed" CV.

It would be easy to (dis)prove this theory if people who have been requested to resend CV/declarations would be so kind to tell us their filenames :biggrin:

PS: I don't blame Vic's IT people, perhaps they developed the system under high pressure and in great haste... it seems now they are trying to stitch things on the fly, wish them good luck and all the best :smile:

I have no idea as to whats happened to the liveinvictoria website.... its no longer available!!

I'm currently working at another Victorian governmental institution, and they're experiencing network connectivity issues since yesterday evening local time. Could be related.

Guest Lankan1
Hello ladies,

sorry for the late reply. I was stuck in a meeting all day - life could be so beautiful without work :cute: .

Okidoki, so you want me to add these new details. I'll do this by tomorrow morning (GMT+1). My motivation is somewhere below zero today (first snow today (snow's actually fine but 80% of the people forget how to drive), babyboy's having a temperature, I'm hungry, nothing on TV, VIC page still down) ...

Tomorrow will be a better day !

Good on 'ya my friends !

I have no idea how snow look like :( But I guess it feels so good to see how seasons changing! We don't get noticeable seasonal changes here except heavy rains and all other days sunshine full of sunshine!!!

So these days most places are flooded in evenings due to heavy rains! :dull:

Guest Lankan1
Oh man - I understand you so well! We also have first snow here, my baby with running nose and so... :sad: And so cold... grrrrr... :shocked:

Every year from December till March I want to become a bear, because this smart beast sleeps all the winter through, until Spring.

Ahhhhhh, want to go to AU so much - to never ever in my life see this white stuff called "snow"!!!!!! :arghh:

OMG! You say like that to snow!!! I have been to Europe couple of times from company, but unfortunately I wasn't lucky enough to catch a single Winter :dull: I'd love to see SNOWWW!!!

Guest Lankan1

You said you named the file "declaration.pdf", but it was altered to "declaration34.pdf" - it explains the exact nature of the problem. Obviously the "declaration" is considered by system as some sort of a keyword, or a database's reserved word, etc. So naturally the script changed it by adding arbitrary numbers at the end. But it seems due to a bug in the script the actual content was not injected into the database, so the application ended up without the declaration. I used quite long and unique filenames for all my documents and everything went smooth... except the CV.

I composed filename for my CV following their instructions, but it was altered slightly by the system. So I'm sure I will never receive any emails about declaration, but it's quite possible I will be asked for "more detailed" CV.

It would be easy to (dis)prove this theory if people who have been requested to resend CV/declarations would be so kind to tell us their filenames :biggrin:

PS: I don't blame Vic's IT people, perhaps they developed the system under high pressure and in great haste... it seems now they are trying to stitch things on the fly, wish them good luck and all the best :smile:

They have mentioned to attach the declaration specially in .pdf format ??

Guest swan2748

Yeah, all of my other files had unique names.

If I recall correctly, you're from Russia, aren't you? Being born and growing up in Russia myself, I can tell you, that after living for 20 years in a country with no snow, I'm missing it so much! But don't worry, in Australia you can have snow more or less when you want it (going to the Australian Alps or Tasmania or New Zealand) without having to LIVE with it.

Aha, from Russia. I'm from South-West area, actually winter in not that severe that place...

today just feeling blue, seems it's one of those "black" days... so thank you for kind words.

As Mongobear says - "Tomorrow will be a better day" :smile:

As for Tasmania, hope a day will come when I will be able to travel there. According to Google maps the place is beautiful

(if not to LIVE there, you are right :smile:)

I'm currently working at another Victorian governmental institution, and they're experiencing network connectivity issues since yesterday evening local time. Could be related.

I was under impression that you need to be an Australian citizen or have Australian PR if you wanted to work for government department.

PS.

In regards to snow. Well, everyone is different. My friend’s girlfriend won’t move to Australia, as she simply can’t imagine a life without it. BTW, she is from Finland.

In regards to snow. Well, everyone is different. My friend’s girlfriend won’t move to Australia, as she simply can’t imagine a life without it. BTW, she is from Finland.

Exactly. I also have a few friends who would never leave their places because they like winter very much. One of them actually hates summer... indeed, all people are different

Guest machang
I checked and found that my Declaration file was also simply called "declaration.pdf" and their system changed it to "delaration2.pdf". So it seems only those people who named it "declaration.pdf" are being asked to resend the declaration.

Mine is Declaration.doc , No changes and no emails for asking another one :confused:

Guest Lankan1
I checked and found that my Declaration file was also simply called "declaration.pdf" and their system changed it to "delaration2.pdf". So it seems only those people who named it "declaration.pdf" are being asked to resend the declaration.

Ok, puzzled now! :confused: their system got a bug to neglect the file name "declaration" .pdf, .jpg, .tiff etc. Then what about something else such as "decl1, de1, dc1, d1 or else some file name totally different!!!

Those are properly placed in the database or.... completely lost!!!

It is very possible that if you named your file declaration.pdf, many other people named it the same and thats why it first checked their file storage and if a "declaration.pdf" already exists, it adds a number to the end of the file to uniquely name it since you cannot have two files of same name in same location...and then it maybe that because all these files are named declaration.pdf, and since they received thousands of declarations in the applications, they are finding it difficult to match up the declaration file to the applicant since the declaration files are all called declaration.pdf and so they decide to ask those applicants to resend the declaration...that is my opinion.

OOooohhh goosh at last the site is back, up & running!! :wacko:

Ok, puzzled now! :confused: their system got a bug to neglect the file name "declaration" .pdf, .jpg, .tiff etc. Then what about something else such as "decl1, de1, dc1, d1 or else some file name totally different!!!

Those are properly placed in the database or.... completely lost!!!

I think they are placed in the database properly.

I was under impression that you need to be an Australian citizen or have Australian PR if you wanted to work for government department.

I was also extremely surprised by the easiness with which they allowed me to get access to their internal systems. They issued me a permanent pass (with a picture! ) without even seeing a single pictured document of mine. I'm already working here for 3 months. Sure enough, I'm not a permanent employee here (or, as they call them, a "public servant"), but neither are the majority of other people I'm working with. Most are contractors, one way or another.

BTW, the network connectivity seems to be restored, and Livevictoria Web site is back to life!

Guest Lankan1
Ohhh, now I envy you... :biggrin:

all my life I have a dream to live on an island where there is never winter :wink:

I wish your dream will come true & you'll be able to move to the huge island !!:cool: you always dreamed of!

Gandar :

Well, I think your dream will be realized very soon, given the fact that you have state sponsorship. They have been allocating CO’s like mad last couple of weeks.

Mpogr:

Well, that's very strange indeed.

Does any one know what happens in steps after we submit the application for VIC SMP.

My details are as below:-

Name:JSHAN

Date of SMP application:29/11/2010( system shows 0711/2010 this is what i had created the application

Trade/profession: Sys Anlsyt

Nationality:INDIAN

IELTS (if applicable):avg 6.5

Visa type:457 currently / 175 aplied 30/8/2010 / 176 post VIC SMP

DIAC Priority (if applicable):3 at presrnt (2 if VIC SMP)

Delays/further docs requested: None

SS received: Not yet

comments: case id SS-2010-03xxxx

Archived