swapping electrical sa licence to queensland

vinnypot

I have been told today off someone who did his SA licence in Adelaide that they wont swap it over to a queensland licence,dont know the ins and outs,,,,does anyone know about this?Ive paid 700 ish dollars and i dont want to waste more moneygoing to adelaide for 4 days if i cant convert it,,,,i have my vettassaee and my artc,the only reason i wanted to go down the peer route is that i didnt want to go to tafe for 6 months at night school,can anyone help?

Guest welshspark

Don`t know about not being allowed to swap licence I`m after this info as well I have done my vettassae just waiting for the visa hopfully b4 xmas to send for my artc, vinnypot how easy was it to get you artc. what have you spent the 700dollars on

7oo dollars was for the course in adelaide,im getting it back now i think and doing it all in qld,waste of time getting my artc as could have done the tafe in qld with my vettassess paperwork,never mind think its cheaper doing it the artc route if they let me change as i got my permit from my vettassess(confused),,,getting the artc was easy,just get all your references from previous employees and your apprenticehip certs,then you just write what experience you have had,,,,,i will warn you its a nightmare to sort your licence out,iv been here 7 months and im no closer

whats required to do at tafe is it just the wiring regs have you got your restricted licence with your veratassess

Hi there,

Someone on the british expats website posted something about not been able to swap SA for QSLD licence.Here' the LINK to it.

Also remember reading somewhere else that they're also refusing people who have a WA licence obtained by doing the 2 week Energy Safety course in Perth.

As for doing the TAFE route check out www.qet.edu.au

When I wrote to Chris Williamson at QET he spoke of a 3 month time frame to obtaining a full A grade licence for holders of an ARTC , longer for holders of an OSTR issued by VETASSESS. However, this is a best case scenario and is dependent on finding a job in order to fill out a log book showing on the job experience.

Hope this helps

Regards Derren

Hi there,

Someone on the british expats website posted something about not been able to swap SA for QSLD licence.Here' the LINK to it.

Also remember reading somewhere else that they're also refusing people who have a WA licence obtained by doing the 2 week Energy Safety course in Perth.

As for doing the TAFE route check out www.qet.edu.au

When I wrote to Chris Williamson at QET he spoke of a 3 month time frame to obtaining a full A grade licence for holders of an ARTC , longer for holders of an OSTR issued by VETASSESS. However, this is a best case scenario and is dependent on finding a job in order to fill out a log book showing on the job experience.

Hope this helps

Regards Derren

Sorry, the LINK to the BE website above doesn't work so I'll try again - LINK2

If this doesn't work then go to britishexpats.com and look on the electricians forum for the thread ' Qld no longer accepting SA route for licencing"

Archived