Roadtrip & insurance

Smirfyduo

Hi everyone,

Could use some advice please - we are going to be driving from Melbourne to Mackay in January over 9 days. Relocation agents are going to be packing the house up, but there is some stuff that we will need to take in the car with us.

The likes of my work laptop, personal laptop - documents such as car insurance & ownership paperwork, marriage & birth certificates and even jewellery (relocation agents advise to take all this with you and not pack it)

Unfortunately, because our stuff is going to take a few weeks longer than us to move up north than we are, all this will be in the car with us.

Obviously this makes me nervous - what if the car gets nicked with everything in it? :policeman:Do I need to take out additional insurance for this? Is there any other safe way to get this stuff up north? Or should I be locking it all up down here while we travel, (minus the laptops which we definitely need), and then pick it all up next time I fly down?

All help and advice welcomed!!

Cheers

Jules:wubclub:

Hi Smurfyduo, Wow, that looks like a looooong road trip! What about buying some travel insurance? I`m assuming you will be overnighting in hotels/motels etc. Otherwise I would have a word with your motor insurance provider. A few phone calls might prove to be the way forward. Hope the trip goes well for you! Val

Archived