on line status document checklist

veronica

Hi , just a quick question, we applied last month for a 176 visa on line, in the document checklist it still says required for everything , eg birth cert,passport details etc. these have all been attached, is it normal to still say required? or will they only update it when someone looks at our app?

Guest tyasawa
Hi , just a quick question, we applied last month for a 176 visa on line, in the document checklist it still says required for everything , eg birth cert,passport details etc. these have all been attached, is it normal to still say required? or will they only update it when someone looks at our app?

Yes it is normal. You are correct, they will only update it when someone (CO) looks at you application. Mine still saying all required after almost 2 years :D lol

Guest MeJulie

Hi Veronica,

Ours got updated to 'met' when we got allocated a case officer, nothing will happen for at least 28 days after you lodge as you have that time to provide all the information in any case. Hope you get updated soon...... where are you heading?

Julie

Hi Julie, Thanks, we are not sure either Brisbane or Perth, we are going to visit both as my husband and I think perth as the job opportunities seem a bit better there and we both have some family there but our teenage kids,16+ 17 think Brisbane as it seems a bit more lively.

Guest MeJulie
Hi Julie, Thanks, we are not sure either Brisbane or Perth, we are going to visit both as my husband and I think perth as the job opportunities seem a bit better there and we both have some family there but our teenage kids,16+ 17 think Brisbane as it seems a bit more lively.

We are heading to Brisbane too, also have kids similar age (as well as 3 yo), do you have idea of approx processing times for you?

Congrats on Your Visa, We are in Cat 3 so 18/24 moths, we kept waiting for SMP's so we could apply for SS but decided to apply for family sponsorhip, at least our app is in the system as we figured it could take months to get SS and Queensland said my husbands Trade-Carpenter would not be on their SMP, hope we have made the right decision, i see once the new points test means no more family sponsorship apps will be accepted from July 2011 so maybe there won't be as many for them to deal with. When are you making the big move?

Guest MeJulie

Thanks, we got ours much sooner than we thought we would, the guide was upto a year so was a nice suprise :smile: It is difficult to know what to do for the best, but like you say, at least now you are in the system and who knows things may happen sooner. We are in the process of trying to secure job before going out, but the plan is for us to leave around June next year (after A levels).

Ours stayed 'required' for over a year, we got a case officer a few days ago and now they say 'met' (ss with Victoria). Not sure where you said you were going ut when the SMP gets released if you end up in Cat 2 check daily as you could get a case officer pretty soon. Someone on here got one three weeks after lodging because they applied to Victoria just as they released the SMP, you never know. Good luck. Ley x

Archived