Urgent Please Help me Regarding moving to SMP

ITpro

Hello Friends

Need help urgently, i applied my 175 visa in jan 2009, i scored 120 points by using the MODL points as my profession was Network Security, i had a co in June 2009 and submitted my Medical and PCC in July 2009. then they verified my job and then in the end they asked for form 80 in may 2010. After July changes i asked my co regarding my case and he told me that they are making checks as i was falling in category of (Computing Professionals NEC with co assigned ), then again i asked my co 1 month ago no reply and mailed him again last week still no reply.

My question is am i still considered as modl applicant or do i have to move to VIC SMP as they have my nominated occupation on their list.

Please help me i am so confused do not know what to and if i have to move to SMP then what is the procedure,

Your urgent help will me much appreciated.

Guest smithys

Hi, what a nightmare for you!

I am presuming you don't have an agent. If it were me I would try phoning your CO or their office and try and actually speak to someone in person. Sorry I know that seems an obvious reply.

By what you say it seems you have not got State sponsorship? To be considered for Cat 2 on SMP you need to apply and receive sponsorship from Vic (if that is where you want to go). This would be the first step to the smp.

But before this you really need to find answers from your CO - I would be bothering them until you receive answers. Then you can make a decision whether you want to apply to Vic so you can be considered for SMP.

I hope it works out for you and I'm sure someone will be along who has had similar experience with these situations.

Good luck.

Hello Friends

Need help urgently, i applied my 175 visa in jan 2009, i scored 120 points by using the MODL points as my profession was Network Security, i had a co in June 2009 and submitted my Medical and PCC in July 2009. then they verified my job and then in the end they asked for form 80 in may 2010. After July changes i asked my co regarding my case and he told me that they are making checks as i was falling in category of (Computing Professionals NEC with co assigned ), then again i asked my co 1 month ago no reply and mailed him again last week still no reply.

My question is am i still considered as modl applicant or do i have to move to VIC SMP as they have my nominated occupation on their list.

Please help me i am so confused do not know what to and if i have to move to SMP then what is the procedure,

You can expect to retain your MODL points, but not your MODL processing priority.

To make a SMP application (under the current rules) you will need a positive pre-migration skills assessment in an occupation that is on the schedule 4 list.

Hello Friends

As far as I know applicants who have been assigned a CO are not affected by introduced SMP priority system

Meaning that it does not make any difference if you are on SMP or MDOL ,

Your case will be processed and finalized I suppose

Regards

Archived