Visa 136 update

Guest mandymoo

Guest mandymoo

Not happy bunnies!!!!

We contacted the DIMIA last night asking for an update with our visa application. We sent it off in November and had the confirmation email on 18th Nov. Initially was told 4 months until medical & police check request as hubby is on the MODL. Anyway, they told us that they are currently working on visa applications received in Sept/Oct and we have been told that we will not hear anything for another 6 weeks!!!!

Just hope job offer remains as we thought that we should be out there in June - how wrong we could be eh!!!!!

Guess the waiting goes on!!!!!

Guest Alison1967
Not happy bunnies!!!!

We contacted the DIMIA last night asking for an update with our visa application. We sent it off in November and had the confirmation email on 18th Nov. Initially was told 4 months until medical & police check request as hubby is on the MODL. Anyway, they told us that they are currently working on visa applications received in Sept/Oct and we have been told that we will not hear anything for another 6 weeks!!!!

Just hope job offer remains as we thought that we should be out there in June - how wrong we could be eh!!!!!

Guess the waiting goes on!!!!!

Was it 136 modl visa ??

Don't know who you spoke to Mandy but I lodged my visa 7th November (processed by region 3 dept) did my medicals unrequested 12th January and sent my PCC's in February and my visa was granted 8th March.

Ali

• 2 months later...
Guest wfourie

Mandy

this is the timeline for non modl so I would call again and check if your app is being processed as modl or non modl

I can understand your frustration we are non modl and the waiting is very tedious!

Becca

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

How di,

Think they may have given you incorrect information. We received e-mail from Duty Officer at Adelaide about 3 weeks back confirming that NON MODL where upto 7th October.

It all depends on who you speak to, and to be honest what mode they are in. I found that when i called they were very curt. Didnt mind taking my money some 8 month back and still not got anything in return....

Apart from all the sleepless nights and ringing Adelaide at silly times in the morning.

Chin up not long now!!

Guest Alison1967
How di,

Think they may have given you incorrect information. We received e-mail from Duty Officer at Adelaide about 3 weeks back confirming that NON MODL where upto 7th October.

It all depends on who you speak to, and to be honest what mode they are in. I found that when i called they were very curt. Didnt mind taking my money some 8 month back and still not got anything in return....

Apart from all the sleepless nights and ringing Adelaide at silly times in the morning.

Chin up not long now!!

How come, I found it was better to ring between @10.30pm as they are just opening for business and you don't wait ages on hold.

Ali

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Maybe it's just me but i like an early night. I thought that they are open from 09.00-16.00. 10.30pm over here is 08.00am in Adelaide is it not?. I thought that they are 9.5hrs ahead.

Guest Alison1967
Maybe it's just me but i like an early night. I thought that they are open from 09.00-16.00. 10.30pm over here is 08.00am in Adelaide is it not?. I thought that they are 9.5hrs ahead.

Did the clocks go forward? All I remember is ringing them at 10.30 at night in February and getting through to someone really quickly.

Ali

Guest Pasty

Hi Mandymoo

We applied 5th December MODL and we got asked to go for medicals on 31st March. Visa was granted 11th May. You might want to speak to them again. Also might want to chase job offer to see if they will hold on for you

Jackie

Guest mandymoo

Hi guys,

I'm not too sure whats happened here, but I posted this at the beginning of March - just to update you all, we had our request for medicals and police checks about a week later and the visa's were issued last week!!! Just in the process of trying to sell the house, so fingers crossed, should be in Oz about August time.

Thanks for all your replies.

Amanda x

Guest Alison1967
Hi Alison/Neil,

To try and clear up the clocks confusion, Adelaide are currently 8:30 in front of us.

However, in February, before our clocks went forward and before their clocks went back, they were 10:30 in front of us. Hence 22:30 in the UK was 09:00 in Adelaide. Clear as mud? ;)

Regards,

Dazz

Cheers Dazz

Thought I was losing my marbles :D

Ali

Archived