Castle hill- good or bad for familes?

Guest thebaddeleys

Guest thebaddeleys

Hi,

I have heard that Castle hill is a nice family area and you seem to get more for your money when it comes to renting a house there, I just wanted to know if anyone had heard anything good/bad about the area and does it have good state primary schools?

Thanks,

Kerry

I live in Castle Hill, I actually bought a house there not long ago. IMO its a fantastic place and better value than the Northern Beaches or North shore 2154 is a very good postcode, It is very leafy and a pretty good community with excellent facilities and shops.

Not sure about Schools as I dont have any kids yet, Delta Goodrem grew up around Castle Hill and her mum still lives in Glenhaven. I also seen lots of other TV celebrities in Castle Towers who live around the area. Castle Towers is a large shopping centre with over 300 shops and a large Cinema and restaurants. It is only 30 minutes drive to CBD (off peak) or 40 on the 610X bus, yet 15 minutes drive towards Dural and you are in the bush. 20 minutes drive and you can be in Berowra Waters.... on the Hawkesbury river, really nice to take your boat around the river into Broken bay. I can be in Palm Beach in 40 minutes and at a special little white sand beach in pitwater that is only accessible by boat. Sure beats having to slum it at Manly or Dee Why beach.

For renting a 4x2 will be around $600-750 pw around CH

Guest PomInSydney

Depends where you're going to work. You might like to research the public transport carefully as getting to the CBD isn't great.. it's just buses. You can drive in but it'll cost you a fortune in tolls and of course parking. On the other hand, it's a great suburb with nice big houses at affordable prices.

It's a great family area. The houses are large and new but the gardens tend to be small. There are some really good schools, shops and facilities for families (sports etc). The public transport as mentioned already is not the best. It's quiet and leafy. It's possibly Sydney's best area for a family.

Archived