Schools

sneeze100

Hi a question or 2 about the topic, i currently have 4 whipper snappers that will be going into the education system in Australia when we arrive. My son is in primary 1 atm in Scotland my wife is telling me in England there is a reception year will my son have to go back to nursery or is it a reception year he will be starting Australia but by the time we go out he will nearly be in primary 2.

Any help will ofc be gratefully received.

I forgot to mention its Perth WA we are moving

Hi a question or 2 about the topic, i currently have 4 whipper snappers that will be going into the education system in Australia when we arrive. My son is in primary 1 atm in Scotland my wife is telling me in England there is a reception year will my son have to go back to nursery or is it a reception year he will be starting Australia but by the time we go out he will nearly be in primary 2.

Any help will ofc be gratefully received.

I forgot to mention its Perth WA we are moving

Pop dates of birth in the calculator and it will tell you exactly what will happen for them Early Childhood Education

Dont even think about it as "going back" or repeating, it will be just a case of joining a new system with kids of the appropriate age.

Education in Australia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Another good resource.

Preprimary is first year of full time school - you may want to talk to the WA folk about that one - I think I have seen on here that because it isnt compulsory then the local school may not have enough places for a child in their catchment area but you will want to check that. In all the other states AFAIK schools are obliged to take a child at that level (universally basically the year before full time school is compulsory) if they live in the catchment area. The year before that (Kindergarten) is part time (usually 12 - 15 hours a week) and places are not guaranteed in a particular preschool.

Archived