Nurses - what's the waiting time for registration?

yorkcath

Hi,

I'm planning a sabbatical to Oz from April and sent my application form to AHPRA, which they received 5th October (I paid extra to have it tracked).

What is the average waiting time, when do they take the money from your account and when should I start chasing them for a progress report?

If it's going to take forever then I might do voluntary services oversees instead.

I read one agency's website that stated 6 weeks to 4 months!!

Thanks,

Cath x

Hi,

It seems to be a bit variable at the mo, depending on if you sent it to the old boards or if you sent it to APHRA before they changed the rules or after. 6 weeks to 4 months sounds like a good estimate with the majority being around the 4 month end of the scale. Normally they take your money sooner rather than later, as they would rather gain a whole wad of interest on folks cash whilst making you wait in line for them to do something.

They have got jobs available if you'd like to help them process things faster, but unfortunately they only take citizens!

Seriously though, joking aside it's going to be several months and they will usually take payment near the start of the process.

Thanks for your reply. It's been a month now and they haven't taken the money yet. I'm a bit concerned as I don't have a diploma or degree in nursing but have one in holistic massage and ongoing study plus 20 year experience.

Am I supposed to have sent off criminal background checks? I just made the declaration on the the form. I'm assuming CRB checks are needed for the visa?

Cath x

Archived