Onshore spousal 801

onecrankypom

Evening i'm wondering do you think it would be ok to ask the DIAC what the latest is on my permanent Visa application is as I coming to the end of the 2 year period and have to contact them in December to see what the situation is with my application if I not heard anything I know that is over a month away the last time i heard from them was to confirm they had received my change of address. Does any one know the processing times?

Guest Gollywobbler
Evening i'm wondering do you think it would be ok to ask the DIAC what the latest is on my permanent Visa application is as I coming to the end of the 2 year period and have to contact them in December to see what the situation is with my application if I not heard anything I know that is over a month away the last time i heard from them was to confirm they had received my change of address. Does any one know the processing times?

Hi OCP

Dunno but I am bumping your thread back to the top in the hope that someone else may be able to help.

Cheers

Gilll

Cranky

Have you actualy applied for the pr as yet ? as when i applied for my pr i just done it myself when the time was right & after submitting all the paperwork just waited & received pr letter via mail quite quickly after.

Evening STUJU

When i applied for my tempoary 820 i also applied for for my PR with in the same application but was advised i would have to wait 2 years for a decsion on my PR application and thanks again

Guest Nickyblue

Hi OCP

I am at the same stage as you but you will have to fill in more paperwork before the second stage processing begins. The bulk of the application is done when you apply for the 820 but then they send out further request for information - This includes a AFP police check, new stat decs from you and your partner, and a couple of other bits. You get this roughly 6-8 weeks before the end of the 2 years since your application date and then you have 90 days to get it all back to them. I sent mine off 3 weeks ago and received notification that they had received the paper work last week. I'm hoping it doesn't take too long but like the 820 visa the listed time frame is anywhere between 6-10 months for a decesion.

The letter they send works in the same way as a bridging visa and you can use that for medicare or to prove you still have work eligability!

If you applied 22 months or more ago I would contact them and confirm that the second stage pack is on its way - as you don't want to delay this process any more than it already takes - IYKWIM!

Good luck

Nic

Hi OCP

I am at the same stage as you but you will have to fill in more paperwork before the second stage processing begins. The bulk of the application is done when you apply for the 820 but then they send out further request for information - This includes a AFP police check, new stat decs from you and your partner, and a couple of other bits. You get this roughly 6-8 weeks before the end of the 2 years since your application date and then you have 90 days to get it all back to them. I sent mine off 3 weeks ago and received notification that they had received the paper work last week. I'm hoping it doesn't take too long but like the 820 visa the listed time frame is anywhere between 6-10 months for a decesion.

The letter they send works in the same way as a bridging visa and you can use that for medicare or to prove you still have work eligability!

If you applied 22 months or more ago I would contact them and confirm that the second stage pack is on its way - as you don't want to delay this process any more than it already takes - IYKWIM!

Good luck

Nic

Thanks for that Nikki I decided to bite the bullet and called the DIAC a few days ago and was told the same thing you told me they advised me that they have all my info was upto date and no further info required and i should receive it before the beginning of March have made a note to order my AFP police check at the beginning of Feb so there no waiting around additional info needed

Guest Nickyblue

Good to here - just to update you further I spoke to immi yesterday and once you lodge your additional paperwork the processing time is ANOTHER 6-9 months!!!:eek: I nearly fell of my chair when he told me as I had assumed it would take about the same time as the first part (which for us came through in 6 weeks!)! Ah well back to playing the waiting game! Good luck in Feb!

Archived