For those going home......

Guest AussieGold

Guest AussieGold

As an Aussie, i want to say im sorry to "see" you leave. i think any migrant to Aus is so totally brave in the first place, to pack up and leave family and friends half a world away, get here and then to find for whatever reason this great country of mine isnt for you. to me its a shame my home cant be your home too. good luck with your move back from whence you came, i wish you and your families all the best for the future no matter what part of the globe you are returning to.

peace and well wishes to all :hug:

AG

Thank you AG . It is hard leaving everything you know behind and starting all over again, for us we were lucky,we met good people here who seemed to understand the upheaval we had, got jobs easily and slotted into things , for others it isn't so easy and homesickness can just be too much to cope with on a daily basis.

Cal x

Guest chris955

Thanks.

Yes it can very a very difficult time, my wife has been here for about 26 years on and off and has never settled and can't wait to get home. For many it has taken leaving their home to realize the great country they were looking for was there all the time.

Thanks.

Yes it can very a very difficult time, my wife has been here for about 26 years on and off and has never settled and can't wait to get home. For many it has taken leaving their home to realize the great country they were looking for was there all the time.

You are right Chris, it can take leaving the UK to appreciate it. I was out yesterday with my 3 children and the scenery was stunning- we were all blown away by the sheer breath taking beauty of the countryside. I'm drinking in all the UK has to offer-warts and all, nothing bothers me at all, rain,queues...etc I just love good old Blighty and all her charm.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Your right The uk is in my opinion the second best country in the world to live in after............. Australia of course, but................ who knows i might get to Australia and think................ the uk was better than i thought it was and want to go back. I doubt it, but i can imagine this could happen to some folks.

As an Aussie, i want to say im sorry to "see" you leave. i think any migrant to Aus is so totally brave in the first place, to pack up and leave family and friends half a world away, get here and then to find for whatever reason this great country of mine isnt for you. to me its a shame my home cant be your home too. good luck with your move back from whence you came, i wish you and your families all the best for the future no matter what part of the globe you are returning to.

peace and well wishes to all :hug:

AG

What a nice post Good on ya and a slap on the back (if you'r a bloke), Jolly good show and a slightly pervy cuddle (if you are a girl):wink:

Thanks.

Your so right, am glad I left and spent the time I did in Oz it has been a brilliant experience and I will never regret it but god it is good to be home drizzle and all! Back to Europe for my 2 weeks of sun!

Guest northbankdaveey

first of all hello everyone new user here :), well after 5 years here in perth i to have found the calling of home just to much to ignore, was back in england from july till second week in october as my parents passed away, simce then the pull of home has become unbearable, have spent the last couple of years not sure where iwanted to be , but my heart and mind now says , time to go home to rural essex, will be checking all the threads out for advice and tips, must say this forum is excellent :)

Aldo, im a girl all the way and single......so i will gladly take the pervy cuddle :cute:

AG

I'm liking you more and more :wink:

Archived