is it possible ? ...

the bottler

I have 7 large garden plant containers given to me as presents by my grandchildren . I would like to take them with me . I would power wash them and them scrub out with bleach .

Will customs allow me to have them or will I be charged mega bucks for them to sterilize them their way ? .

My nephew took a brand new cat bed and was charged $150 .

I would be grateful if ex pats could advise me ... also what about deck chairs / garden chairs ? .

thanks ,

Bottler .

Hi what are they made of ? Customs frown on certain materials. If you steam them and they are completely free of dirt,soil etc you may be ok.

Was the cat bed your son brought made of whicker ? I believe whicker is one of the materials on the no no list.

Cal x

Hi what are they made of ? Customs frown on certain materials. If you steam them and they are completely free of dirt,soil etc you may be ok.

Was the cat bed your son brought made of whicker ? I believe whicker is one of the materials on the no no list.

Cal x

Hello Cal ,

the cat bed was made of material .

The containers are pottery / cement , if you know what I mean ... not terracotta .

Thank you for replying .

Bottler .

A lot depends on whether you get an officious type or not at customs I think. iI you're going to Darwin- they are shockers, worse than other parts of Australia

THANK YOU FOR REPLYING .. I am having second thoughts about taking them ... 7 containers ... it could cost me a great deal of money .

Bottler .

Archived