Best schools in Bunbury area?

janey16

Guest AussieGold

just wanted to say Bunbury and the surrounding areas are totally beautiful. my son was born in Bunbury and we lived there several yrs. sorry cant help with schools as son went to Brunswick primary over a decade ago. best of luck with your move.

AG

Guest wayniexagt

we live in dalyellup . still in the bunbury area . there are 3 schools with in 2 mins of our house . look real nice ..... no yobs etc

we live in dalyellup . still in the bunbury area . there are 3 schools with in 2 mins of our house . look real nice ..... no yobs etc

Thanks for that, what are they called? We are looking at dallyeup, australind or bunburyi itself at the minute, any advice welcome!

Guest Suzanne72

hi, there are 4 good schools in the dalyellup area, Ocean Forest Lutheran College (Primary &Secondary), Dalyellup College (Secondary), Bunbury Cathedral Grammar School (Primary & Secondary), Dalyellup Primary.

Are you looking at private schools or public schools?

we have been here 17 weeks and live in Dalyellup, our daugther attends Bunbury Cathedral Grammar School.

If you want to know anymore let us know.

Suzanne and Martin. :-)

• 1 month later...
Guest dragsterwish
hi, there are 4 good schools in the dalyellup area, Ocean Forest Lutheran College (Primary &Secondary), Dalyellup College (Secondary), Bunbury Cathedral Grammar School (Primary & Secondary), Dalyellup Primary.

Are you looking at private schools or public schools?

we have been here 17 weeks and live in Dalyellup, our daugther attends Bunbury Cathedral Grammar School.

If you want to know anymore let us know.

Suzanne and Martin. :-)

Hi Suzanne, I'm researching Mandurah & Bunburry area too. I've 2 kids turning 5 & 8 next year. I've read comments that Mandurah, though beautiful, is more suitable for retirees and not for families with young kids. How is the environment at Bunburry for a family like mine?

Dragsterwish

• 1 month later...

I have just started to read the thread above. We have 2 kids one 9 and the other 7, we are looking at private schools in the Bunbury area. How have you found Bunbury Cathedral Grammer? Our daughter currently attends independent school in the uk and is quite academic, our son however is not so and is the other end of the spectrum. Does the grammer have a waiting list or are you generally able to get in mid term for example? Also do you know if it is selective? I would really like to have a chat on her sometime if that is ok. Garry

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JenWalford

Hi, I am a real estate agent here in Bunbury. Have lived here for 5 years now and know the area very well - also having two children comming from the UK educational system, I have certainly learnt what each school offers. The first school I put them in, they were board and unstimulated so had to find a school that was educationally challenging enough to keep them busy and interested. Many of my clients coming from the UK have experienced the same issued.

Firstly, do you want private or government schooling?

Do your children excel in a certain area or have a passion for a certain activity/subject?

Hi, I am a real estate agent here in Bunbury. Have lived here for 5 years now and know the area very well - also having two children comming from the UK educational system, I have certainly learnt what each school offers. The first school I put them in, they were board and unstimulated so had to find a school that was educationally challenging enough to keep them busy and interested. Many of my clients coming from the UK have experienced the same issued.

Do your children excel in a certain area or have a passion for a certain activity/subject?

Thanks Jen for your comments.

We have got two children a girl aged 9 and a boy aged 7. My daughter is bright and about a year ahead in the UK and is about to transfer from state to private in the uk. My son on the other hand is about two years behind in English due to bullying but up to speed in everything else. He is the youngest in his year ie born late July (uk) and i understand in the australian system he would go from yr 3 to yr 2 in oz which would obviously benefit him. Our time scale is about 12 - 24 months so academically things may be different for him by then.

I am looking for private schools for both, one academic and the other possibly not selective. Is there any you would recommend? Also are there any non selective private schools? Also do I need to put their names down now on a waiting list? I would really appreciate any help you can give me.

Garry

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lolylew

hi,

i have two children, 12 and 15, and can comment on the schools they go to, if that will help?

my son 12, goes to ocean forest in dalyellup (fee paying school) - he likes it and has settled well. (personally, i'm not too sure if i like it?) but if he's happy after moving him half way round the world then he can stay where he is, i just think the teachers are weird!!

OFLC takes from kindy to year12.

my daughter 15, goes to bunbury catholic college (fee paying school) - when we arrived she was 13 (not a good age to move) and she also went to ocean forest but absoutely hated it.

she has now been at bunbury catholic college (BCC) over a year now and likes it.

BCC takes year8-12.

i really like this school as its that little bit bigger and has a wider variety of subjects in my oppinion.

there is a bus service which departs from dalyellup in the mornings which takes them to school and only costs 50c each way if you get a smart rider card available from the bus station.

hope that info has helped?

lisa

:biggrin:

Guest TipsyKoala

Hi,

I'm new to the forum but I'm moving to the Bunbury area next year (hopefully)!

My Auntie lives in Australind, where we hope to buy, and yesterday she gave me the names of the 2 local primary schools. Australind Primary (next door to the secondary schools) and the other is Parkfield.

Hope this helps and Good Luck!

Cheryl

Guest garph
hi,

i have two children, 12 and 15, and can comment on the schools they go to, if that will help?

my son 12, goes to ocean forest in dalyellup (fee paying school) - he likes it and has settled well. (personally, i'm not too sure if i like it?) but if he's happy after moving him half way round the world then he can stay where he is, i just think the teachers are weird!!

OFLC takes from kindy to year12.

my daughter 15, goes to bunbury catholic college (fee paying school) - when we arrived she was 13 (not a good age to move) and she also went to ocean forest but absoutely hated it.

she has now been at bunbury catholic college (BCC) over a year now and likes it.

BCC takes year8-12.

i really like this school as its that little bit bigger and has a wider variety of subjects in my oppinion.

there is a bus service which departs from dalyellup in the mornings which takes them to school and only costs 50c each way if you get a smart rider card available from the bus station.

hope that info has helped?

lisa

:biggrin:

Thank you for your reply, everyone on here is so helpful.

We have got VETTASSESS and IELTS completed and are waiting for the State Sponsorship to come back and then we are going for a 176 visa. I understand from my research so far that some schools in the area are only permitted to take you if you have permanent residency which this visa will do. So the plan is to do my research while we are waiting and then as soon as the 176 is issued (here's hoping) put there names down on the waiting list. We are hopeing come out to Australia at Easter 2012 for a recy and get the visa stamped. Thanks again for your reply. Theresa and Garry Debbage - Philp

• 2 years later...

Hi Jen,

I am considering a move to Bunburry soon with my family. Will might need your help as an experienced real estate agent. My question here, is there any limitations if I need to enroll my son ( 4 years old) in a public or private school, as I read that some schools do not accept Temporary visa holders ( 489).Another question, I searched the internet for HR Administration or office support positions but I could not find many, how is the workforce in bunburry and how can I secure a job.

hi, we moved to bunbury in feb of this year and i have 4 children attending 3 different schools. for children who are very bright they can sit an exam for the GATE program at bunbury senior high , the only school outside of perth that has an academic program. my 14 year old is in this and there are only 12 others in his class. its free as it is a state school.

The rolls royce of schools is manea senior secondary for year 11 and 12. its a new school and has a waiting list and no fees.it is amazing. and my younger 2 are in south bunbury primary, and they love it. because they have a great ed support school attached and because it is a state school it also has peac where children who are very academic attend classes at the peac centre. Personally, i think the state schools are very good in bunbury.

Hi Norah9.

Thanks for your reply :)

I am thinking of Bunburry as it has a Mouslim community and have better access to Halal food than Mandurah - I am not sure of this information but that's what i read in websites.What do you think ? Your name looks familer to people from arab background , are't you ??

Do you think that Bunburry is better for familes in terms of sports, entertainment facilities and of course WORK Opprtunities.?

Mainly i will consider the region which will have more work opprtunities for both me and my husband as it is mandatory to work for 1 year and live for 2 years in order to grant a permenant residency . Do you have any ideas about the avilability fo jobs for HR Admin - Personal Assistants ??

I also heard that alot of vacancies are not adviertised on the internet and that we can find it through netwroking and word of mouth ..Is it true ??

Thanks for your help :hug:

Archived