From Uk School To Oz School

Guest kiwi&jane

Guest kiwi&jane

HI ALL, HAS ANYONE ANY IDEA WOT I SHOULD BE TAKING WITH ME FROM THE KIDS SCHOOLS HERE IN THE UK SO THAT WHEN THE KIDS START THERE NEW SCHOOL IN OZ THEY WILL AVE AN IDEA OF WERE THERE UP TO, AND WOT CLASSES THEY SHOULD BE IN ETC.JANE X:wacko:

HIya Jane, Well I'm going to take the kids school reports with me and I will take a email address and contact name from their current school so that the school in Oz can always contact them for any info that they may require!!

Gd Luck with the move

Hiya i brought a hand over file which i asked his old headmaster to prepare ,it just listed where he was up to and contained some of the work he had done.I too brought his last school report ,the Oz primary just photocopied a few pages and the report ,,

Cal x

My daughter had just finished year 6 so we gave a copy of that report to the school, also my sons teacher (year 2) made a folder with his last report, some comments from herself in a letter, a copy of the curriculum and examples of his work. The school thanked me but to be honest I'm not sure if they looked at them!

Ali

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jazledisko

Hi, im 15 and about to take my GCSEs next spring. but since im moving to australia in december, what am i going to do about all my coursework for my current courses and how am i going to do my GCSEs. would i do them over there with the coursework i have or can i take them early or something?

PLEASE HELP ME >.<

x

Guest blondies

Report cards a summery of what work has been covered and don't forget to get a copy of a vaccinations!!!Dona

Guest blondies
HI ALL, HAS ANYONE ANY IDEA WOT I SHOULD BE TAKING WITH ME FROM THE KIDS SCHOOLS HERE IN THE UK SO THAT WHEN THE KIDS START THERE NEW SCHOOL IN OZ THEY WILL AVE AN IDEA OF WERE THERE UP TO, AND WOT CLASSES THEY SHOULD BE IN ETC.JANE X:wacko:

hi I'm almost 15 and moved over about a year ago and there is differences,but all you will need is a few recent report cards and some of your childrens latest work in the core subject like maths,science,english and possibly their language work ie french etc... but once they have settled in it should be fine...

Guest lilly mist

You should request "hand over files" from the school your kids are at in the uk to take with you....these should tell the new school at what level each child is at...hope this helps....

Guest Flemish
Hi, im 15 and about to take my GCSEs next spring. but since im moving to australia in december, what am i going to do about all my coursework for my current courses and how am i going to do my GCSEs. would i do them over there with the coursework i have or can i take them early or something?

PLEASE HELP ME >.<

x

They do not do gcse here.It is called the school certificate. I am in QLD my son was 16 and he found it hard they put him back a year but he has got on with it and done quite well. Take your work with you. Would it be possible for you to stay and sit the gcse there? I think it may be easier for you if you did. N.S.W is different to here ,but I would get some more information. Talk to your parents and see what they can do, this seems a bit difficult time for you. This isn't much help really. I hope you get it sorted.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest UK2Perth

Hi Ali

My daughter is also in Year 6 and we too live not so far from Preston! How far is Leeming from Joondalup? I'm visiting again next month and wouldn't mind catching up at some stage for coffee and a chat. You seem like quite a handy lady to know

Jo x :)

Guest UK2Perth

Hi Ali

My daughter is also in Year 6 and we too live not so far from Preston! How far is Leeming from Joondalup? I'm visiting again next month and wouldn't mind catching up at some stage for coffee and a chat. You seem like quite a handy lady to know

Jo x :smile:

Archived