Evidence of relationship

dunkl

Sorry if I shouldn't started new thread about this question, but I didn't know where to ask.

CO asked for Evidence of relationship, even though they have our marriage certificate.

What evidence should I present? We don't have: joint accounts, joint assets or liabilities, joint house ownership or rental, wills, joint membership of organizations and/or groups, of private correspondence addressed at our address, only letters from bank, if it helps...

This is all from guide I received it the e-mail, what evidence should I present.

Maybe I don't understand English enough, but is the "Evidence of public recognition of the relationship between you and your partner" evidenced by marriage certificate?

Maybe this is because we got married in july08, and applied for visa in Sptember08?

At the end of the letter from CO, there is note: "please do not sent large items such as albums or videos", this means not to send photos as evidence?

If anyone has been in the similar situation, please respond.

Thank you.

Guest BrightonBoys

Hi

We sent the following: photos, cards sent to both of us (ie Christmas, thank you), wedding invites, cards we had sent each other, letter from the bank stating we had joint account, council tax bill that showed both our names on it, morgtage details again with both names on it, a statement from the removal company showing that my otherhalf had moved to my address and agas bill again with joint names.

We also had to have certified forms from two people staing how the saw our relationship (form 888)

Hope this helps

Hi, your wedding certificate isn't evidence of an ongoing exclusive relationship - in the eyes of Australia immigration it just shows that you got married two years ago. You might have married and not spoken to each other since!

They're looking for information to fill the gaps between then and now, that show you are still a couple. i.e. post sent to you at the same address, holiday itinararies, insurances with you both as beneficiaries, invitations/cards/letters send to you both, statuatory declarations from people that know you as a couple.

Photos are accepted as evidence, but they don't want to see lots and lots of them.

Sorry if I shouldn't started new thread about this question, but I didn't know where to ask.

CO asked for Evidence of relationship, even though they have our marriage certificate.

What evidence should I present? We don't have: joint accounts, joint assets or liabilities, joint house ownership or rental, wills, joint membership of organizations and/or groups, of private correspondence addressed at our address, only letters from bank, if it helps...

This is all from guide I received it the e-mail, what evidence should I present.

Maybe I don't understand English enough, but is the "Evidence of public recognition of the relationship between you and your partner" evidenced by marriage certificate?

Maybe this is because we got married in july08, and applied for visa in Sptember08?

At the end of the letter from CO, there is note: "please do not sent large items such as albums or videos", this means not to send photos as evidence?

If anyone has been in the similar situation, please respond.

Thank you.

Hi

We sent a few pictures of us, cards addressed to both of us, invitations just things to show that people outside of your relationship see you as a couple and not just as friends i suppose. We also wrote a stat dec which we both signed and dated stating how our relationship had started and developed and how we support each other financially, emotionally etc up until the point we were at (this was advice from our Agent at the time!)

Hope this helps!!! :biggrin:

Guest VickyMel

Hiya

You did just the right thing :biggrin: - if you have a question you are best to start a new thread then people see the question more easily and you will get more answers as it does not get lost in all the other ramblings that go on :wink:

Everyone should feel free to ask away - thats what its all about!

As Peach says the marriage certificate is not enough.

I suggest going onto the DIAC site and looking at their booklets

Information Booklets - Applications & Forms - Visas & Immigration

Booklet 1, Partner Migration - for migration by spouses, de facto partners and fiancés.

Although that is aimed at spousal visas it provides a good overview of the type of evidence they are looking for.

I am defacto and not married, no joint account - no property (we were saving and waiting for Oz :arghh:).

I literally went through the booklet and thought how can I prove we do each of these things (although could not cover everything hopefully it is enough)

We supplied details of holidays together

A joint statement detailing out relationship and committment to each other

Letters from family and friends stating they know us as a couple and for how long etc.

We have put some photos together but I combined a load of digital photos into a word document with an explaination of each photo - and tried to get some of us that we obviously from different time periods. (I did not send masses just a select few)

Copies of bills etc showing we live at the same address

Cards sent to us both.

Evidence of us communication when we were apart due to work commitments.

That sort of thing.

Actually I am still collecting stuff in case when we eventually get a CO they ask for evidence to prove we are still together during the ever increasing gap since we submitted.

Good luck

VickyMel

Guest GemandJay

Ditto same as VickyMel and likewise still collecting (my fridge is covered!

Another thing I have kept is flight tickets, boarding passes etc

Good luck i'm sure it'll be fine

Gemma

Thank you all, very much; I see now clear picture about what is this requirements about, and we're starting to collect what could be a decent evidence.

Sure I would like to send them every picture of us in 9 years we are a couple, but it would just be too much...:biggrin:

Archived