The consequences of reducing the migration intake ...

Alan Collett

City's skills shortage pushing tradesmen's pay packets to six figures - Local News - News - General - The Canberra Times

Expect to hear a lot more on this subject in the coming months and years if immigration policy settings remain unaltered.

Inflation, higher interest rates, and further appreciation of the A$ will be the result, I feel sure.

Onwards!

I've tried looking at the September 2010 clarius index(googled it) but it wouldn't open up. Has anyone else had this problem?

Guest Gollywobbler
City's skills shortage pushing tradesmen's pay packets to six figures - Local News - News - General - The Canberra Times

Expect to hear a lot more on this subject in the coming months and years if immigration policy settings remain unaltered.

Inflation, higher interest rates, and further appreciation of the A$ will be the result, I feel sure.

Onwards!

Hi Alan

You forgot to mention that the Aussie economy will finish up in tatters at this rate.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Alan

You forgot to mention that the Aussie economy will finish up in tatters at this rate.

Cheers

Gill

Most people here seem to have bought into the line of "Australia's economy will go from strength to strength because we have natural resources".

The double-edged sword of soaring currency and inflation will be difficult to deal with I think.

Archived