primary schools around perth

patsmec

Hi everyone

I wonder if anyone can help me, we are coming over in August for a reccie as my husband is trying to get sponsored as a mechanic around Perth. While we are their we plan on checking out the schools and housing etc.. Can anyone reccomend good primary schools that we can have a look at, south of the river ( we are staying in Mandurah whilst there). :unsure:

Thank you, hope you can help !

Helen

Guest Lynn72

Hi Helen,

I'm not sure about the schools in Mandurah, but we went to Rockingham last year and there are quite a few primary schools there. We're waiting for an answer for our visas at the moment, and if it's yes, South of the river is where we're headed. Safety Bay primary and Rockingham Beach primary both look pretty good. Hope that is some help

Lynn

Hi, In Mandurah you have North mandurah Primary and madurah Primary which are the state schools. Sorry I don't know much about them because I'm in Leeming There are also primary schools in neighbouring suburbs too.

Try Australia migration - suburb profiles, accommodation, schools, real estate, jobs in Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Darwin and Hobart and you can find a list of schools and suburbs with links to the schools. We emailed a few schools, most impressed with the response from the school my children now attend.

Good luck

Ali

Hi Helen,

I'm not sure about the schools in Mandurah, but we went to Rockingham last year and there are quite a few primary schools there. We're waiting for an answer for our visas at the moment, and if it's yes, South of the river is where we're headed. Safety Bay primary and Rockingham Beach primary both look pretty good. Hope that is some help

Lynn

Hi Lynn and thanks for the reply....we are not totally fixed on an area yet, still in limbo waiting for job interviews etc. We are staying in Mandurah because we wanted a base to check down as far as Bunbury and still be able to nip up to Perth. I have been offered a place at ECU at Joondalup just to confuse:wacko: things even more but OH trying to sort job just South of the river.

Thanks again

Helen

Hi, In Mandurah you have North mandurah Primary and madurah Primary which are the state schools. Sorry I don't know much about them because I'm in Leeming There are also primary schools in neighbouring suburbs too.

Try Australia migration - suburb profiles, accommodation, schools, real estate, jobs in Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Darwin and Hobart and you can find a list of schools and suburbs with links to the schools. We emailed a few schools, most impressed with the response from the school my children now attend.

Good luck

Ali

Thanks for the link Ali another great and useful web-site...we seem to live on the net these days....but sorting the schools is well up on the "to-do" list and OH is busy with the job side etc.....whats Leeming like? Just found you on the map!

Helen

Leeming is an older established area, wide leafy streets, safe for the kids to play out and close to schools. There are 3 primary schools in the area, and a High School with a good reputation. Willeton (also very good reputation) is also close by. We're not too far from Canning Vale, We're 15 mins from the City and 20 mins from Freo and the Beach. I work in Armadale, and Hubby although he works all over his office base is Malaga, so pretty handy for both our jobs.

Surrounding suburbs are also nice, Willeton, Bull Creek, Kardinya, Murdoch . Lots of amenities - We like it. Aussie Move does have it down as the city of cockburn but it's actually Melville.

Ali

Hi Ali………thanks for the tips on areas, we are trying to compile a list to at least start from when we come over in August :unsure:on areas and schools to have a look at. Looking at a map it’s obviously hard to gauge the distances or travel times to beach and Perth etc. Now you have mentioned how long it takes you to reach these places, our search has moved inland a bit more…….I have been looking around the areas you mentioned and also came across Bibra Lake. Do you know what it’s like I love some of the houses for sale around there? We have two boys James 11 & Liam 8 so the school recommendations are great……..how old are your children and have they settled well in schools.

Thanks again for your help……..Helen

You're welcome,

I've sent you a pm, make a brew or get a glass of wine 'cos it's ended up being rather a long one I'm afraid!!

Ali

Hi Ali......just popped on for a min.....02.45 here.:SLEEP:..and time for bed, just read your pm.....brilliant info and thanks for the time and effort...talk soon.

Pat

Archived