prepaid phone contracts and the HTC wildfire

mr luvpants

Hi

looking for some advice please.

I was really looking at getting an iphone when we got to oz but tbh the price is putting me off. My daughters BF (who works for 3) recommended the HTC wildfire.

Is this phone available in oz?

Secondly, if I bought one here, are there any prepaid contracts or sim only contracts with internet access where I can supply my own phone?

Thanks guys

JOHN

Hi John

At the moment, the HTC wildfire is exclusive to Telstra here in Oz (don't know how long for).

Re: sim only contracts, don't know about other mobile companies, but virgin (who we're with) do sim only (BYO - Bring Your Own) plans - have a look here - Love your phone hate your network

I'm on BYO at the moment as my 2 year iphone3 contract finished, but iphone4 not in stock at the moment so I'm on a BYO plan with my existing out of contact iphone3 (until iphone4 in stock, then I'll go on a contract again)

Hi

I had a look at virgin. So am I right in saying that the prepaid deals allow you to call other virgin customers and the cap is the amount of credit you have to call other networks? Unless I have read it wrong it seems that they only charge you $15 a month to have a smart phone?

Is there a mobile comparison site where you can look at all the network operators deals and cashback available? Why cant it be simple like the uk?:biglaugh:

JOHN

Hi John

As an example, the virgin easycap19 byo plan would cost you $19 per month. For this you would get unlimited free calls & texts to other virgin mobile users, 50mb of data & $60 value of calls/texts to other numbers. (Standard call rate for that plan is 99c per minutes and texts are 28c per text) so you would get around 1 hour worth of calls to non-virgin mobile numbers included in the plan.

Archived