More independant interstate removals?

Guest Seabird50

Guest Seabird50

Can anybody please give me a direct or even indirect answer. I am moving from SA to Brisbane in January and have been given a limited relocation package. Wanting to make the most of the offer, and having little in the way of spare cash, I need to know how much it would save me to pack the container at my house, and unpack at the other end. Fortunately I have a friend up there who is helping us find a place to go straight into so hoping to be able to just transfer the container door to door.

Who offers this sort of service (company names ideal but otherwise types of organisations), and what is the difference in cost?

Many thanks

Seabird.

Hi seabird

'You Pack' - http://www.youpack.com.au/ offer the service you're referring to where they drop a container at your house (up to 2 weeks before) you load yourself then unload yourself at the other end.

We've moving interstate from Melbourne next month so were considering that option, but we've also got a couple of quotes for removals (from Crown & Kent). Only got the figures from Crown back so far but they seems quite reasonable (possibly because I've packed all the boxes myself, so it will just be furniture & tv's to wrap on the day, then load everything).

Guest Robyn V

Surprised at Crown, I have always found them expensive.

You could also try an independent transport broker, they can give you reliable information, and perhaps find you a "slow and cheap" boat. They work on commission from the removals companies, so you don't have to pay them any extra.

Good luck

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Seabird50
Hi seabird

'You Pack' - Interstate Removalists :: You Pack Removals? offer the service you're referring to where they drop a container at your house (up to 2 weeks before) you load yourself then unload yourself at the other end.

We've moving interstate from Melbourne next month so were considering that option, but we've also got a couple of quotes for removals (from Crown & Kent). Only got the figures from Crown back so far but they seems quite reasonable (possibly because I've packed all the boxes myself, so it will just be furniture & tv's to wrap on the day, then load everything).

Thanks Cerberus - my son's band almost called themselves Guardians of Cerberus for a bit... Anyway have decided to go with Youpack so thanks..

Archived