Medical issue

Guest fancyfella

Guest fancyfella

Hi folks,

Just a query regarding the medicals got them booked for april the 5th and recieved information letter off medical people today and it say's that a examination of women's breasts and men's groin for hernias and testicular lumps is required :oops: as anyone had medicals recently and is this info correct,and we booked the medicals in trethomas south wales and has anyone had them done there and what are they like.

THANKS FANCYFELLA AND THE TRIBE :lol:

(VICTORIA BOUND SEPTEMBER GOD WILLING)

P.S. YOULL NEVER WALK ALONE :twisted:

Every panel doctor seems to be different. I have heard that some people get a boob grope and have to do a cough and drop.

Luckily we had ours at gatwick and didn't have anything like that, didn't even need to get undressed!

Cath

Guest Alison1967
Hi folks,

Just a query regarding the medicals got them booked for april the 5th and recieved information letter off medical people today and it say's that a examination of women's breasts and men's groin for hernias and testicular lumps is required :oops: as anyone had medicals recently and is this info correct,and we booked the medicals in trethomas south wales and has anyone had them done there and what are they like.

THANKS FANCYFELLA AND THE TRIBE :lol:

(VICTORIA BOUND SEPTEMBER GOD WILLING)

P.S. YOULL NEVER WALK ALONE :twisted:

Check a few of the websites as people discuss the medicals in detail.

I live in the northwest and liverpool was the closest but someone posted that they did the boob and cough and drop so we went to nottingham for a couple of days and had ours done there, no boob or cough and drop because it wasn't clinically indicated and i did it after advice of people who had already been there.

Good Luck

Alison

Guest jackie1

Oh dear

Are we just the 'lucky ones' then. I had to have the boob business and my twin sons aged 13 had to do the cough. We had our meds in Carlisle.

After being pregnant and having children, women lose all sense of dignity, but my sons have said they DON'T WANT TO GO BACK TO THAT DOCTOR AGAIN ! ! ! :roll:

Good luck with yours

Jackie

• 4 years later...
Guest jojaks

Interesting lol.

Anybody know where i could get details what EXACTLY is involved in the medical or a list of things they may be looking for .

Just for piece of minds sake

cheers

Guest Gollywobbler
Interesting lol.

Anybody know where i could get details what EXACTLY is involved in the medical or a list of things they may be looking for .

Just for piece of minds sake

cheers

Hi jojaks

The details about what is included in the medical examination is on the Panel Doctors Gateway:

Panel Doctors Gateway

They are looking for any "situation" that might cost the Aussie Government $21,000 or more during the visa applicant's first 5 years in Australia, roughly. The only medical condition that is named in the legislation is TB, because of the risk to public health.

I have known children to fail the meds because the child has learning difficulties and so needs special education. I know of an elderly man aged 72 who failed because he developed Hepatitis C as a result of a transfusion of contaminated blood some years ago. Apparently the big risk with Hep C is that if the person then develops - say - diabetes, there is a greater risk of complications than with someone who does not have Hep C. Apparently the Hep C could cause sorting out any additional problems to be exponentially expensive, I am told.

Are you concerned about any specific condition, please?

Cheers

Gill

Guest jojaks

Thanks Gollywobler

No specific condition , My wife had a bad motor bike accident , amoungst the injuries was a smashed knee cap which she has been told will require replacement within the next 10 years or so, im not sure if this would be an issue or not ?

Other than that we are normal health people who keep fit and look after ourselfs (usualy lol)

We did spend a weekend in Amsterdam recently ........................ ??? dont think it would be an issue :wacko: lol

Cheers for the link

I had a medical in Manchester a few weeks ago and the doctor did say that as I was over 40 (41!) I would need my boobs checking for any lumps, the doctor offered to bring someone in to support me but to be honest he was so professional and made me feel so at ease I didn't need that and it was over in all of 10 seconds!

Archived