What to do in the meantime???

Guest lee&julie

Guest lee&julie

Hi i gather lots of you have shipped most of your household stuff over to oz, this may seem a stupid question but what do you do in the meantime if you are shipping beds, fridges, tv's etc while your container arrives ? We are intending to rent initially and was under the impression it was better to rent unfurnished.:spinny:

Hi,

Some people ship over their stuff in advance. We weren't in a position to do that so our furniture set off only days before we did. We rented a fully furnished house for 12 weeks, by which time our stuff had arrived and we'd bought a house.

Ali

My moto ,was its easier to beg,steal &lend things in a country where you know loads of people than getting a rental house here and having no fridge,tv or a settee to sit on.It really depends what you are shipping ,we only shipped a few boxes but tried to time it so it arrived a week or two after us,hope this helps a little

Cal x

Guest jonseywife

Hiya

Were just gonna rent a self contained apartment or holiday home for a few weeks. It can be a bit pricey unless you time it out of school times (as all the prices go up in school holiday time).

I know some people have mentioned renting a caravan or a camper van to keep the costs down !!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck

Sally-ann :cute:

Archived