State Migration Plans - Numbers to be limited

George Lombard

Hi Sherin

So this is how I would go about it if it were me. This is not supposed to be a guessing game so I would ask them for Further & Better Particulars of what they mean by what they have said.

If you find out, please could you let the rest of us know? Many thanks.

Cheers

Gill

Very valid point ... I do not want to play hide and seek game and screw this up now.. going to Call Julianne O'Brien right away.... will update the response I get here ASAP...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi gill

I picked this out of your earlier posts as it was quite interesting/worrying!

I would ask them to explain what they mean by their request? Do they mean that you should search the on-line newspapers and the jobs websites (2/3 of the adverts in which are fake adverts anyway) and then send the evidence that you have looked or do they expect you to make frivolous applications for jobs when you know perfectly well that most employers would insist on Permanent Residency and you don't know whether the Federal Government would ever grant that to you?

A lot of the jobs advertised on seek are fake??

When putting our SS application together they asked us to provide some evidence from companies that if my OH was in oz would they be interested. We put a lovely cover letter and attached his CV to get nothing returned to us!

I think companies gave better things to do than have lots of emails from prospective migrants!

Many companies are not interested unless you are in oz and we can't get there without a visa! Catch 22 I suppose!

Guest Chintu Welfare Work

Hi Everyone,

My occupation is in Sch 2 & Sch 4. Is there any possibility of State Sponsorship for my diploma in community welfare work. Is there anyone still waiting like me. I have been waiting from last 2 months..:cry:

The ACT has today advised that it will contact all currently ACT sponsored General Skilled Migration applicants to confirm that they are maintaining their commitment to the ACT, and giving them 28 days to so indicate. This applies to anyone who has a current subclass 886 or 176 application with the Department and who is sponsored by the ACT.

As you are aware, the State Migration Plan, that we hope to have finalised by end October, will limit the number of 176/886 visa applicants that the ACT Government is able to nominate. Government sponsorship will also become more valuable as DIAC implement their processing priorities and non sponsored applicants join the end of the queue.

We are currently contacting all ACT Government clients who have a pending 176/886 visa application. We are seeking confirmation of their employability in the ACT and their genuine, ongoing commitment to living in Canberra. A copy of the email below has been sent to your clients personal email address.

The indication is that each state may only be able to sponsor a specified maximum number of visas in each calendar year, and so therefore after winnowing their lists the states will be forced to rank candidates. The implication is that not everyone currently sponsored by a state will receive the benefit of priority processing under the State Migration Plans. It may be that the states can withdraw sponsorship for people already sponsored but I think the legislation on that is ambiguous and probably DIAC would hesitate to allow that to happen where people have already expended thousands of dollars in costs. On the other hand it's most likely that the legislation does allow the states to be choosy with respect to who gets included in the State Migration Plan, since that is ultimately just a question of prioritising.

Hold onto your hats people this might be a bumpy ride.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi gill

I picked this out of your earlier posts as it was quite interesting/worrying!

I would ask them to explain what they mean by their request? Do they mean that you should search the on-line newspapers and the jobs websites (2/3 of the adverts in which are fake adverts anyway) and then send the evidence that you have looked or do they expect you to make frivolous applications for jobs when you know perfectly well that most employers would insist on Permanent Residency and you don't know whether the Federal Government would ever grant that to you?

A lot of the jobs advertised on seek are fake??

When putting our SS application together they asked us to provide some evidence from companies that if my OH was in oz would they be interested. We put a lovely cover letter and attached his CV to get nothing returned to us!

I think companies gave better things to do than have lots of emails from prospective migrants!

Many companies are not interested unless you are in oz and we can't get there without a visa! Catch 22 I suppose!

Hi Jodie

Apparently, most jobs advertised on the websites of most recruitment agencies are fakesm the world over, not just in Oz. The idea is to draw the crowds in with the adverts.

In the UK, it is all now enshrined in the statute law devised by the Nanny State (with able and frequent prompting from the unelected officials in Brussels) but the question of advertising goes back to the famous case of Carlill v Carbolic Smoke Ball Company Ltd, which I think was in about 1916.

Apparently there was a dreadful outbreak of Influenza in about 1914, which killed thousands of people, I gather. According to the adverts, inhaling the vapours of the Carbolic Smoke Ball would be efficacious in preventing the person from catching the disease. According to Mrs Carlill, she bought one of these smoke balls, followed the instructions and still caught Influenza.

There was no Advertising Standards Authority in those days and it was a Contract Law case about whether or not the advertisement constituted a misleading Invitation to Treat, which in turn led to the purchase of the allegedly useless/allegedly brilliant Smoke Ball (according to whose story one prefers!)

The question for Their Lordships was whether the advert was indeed likely to mislead "the man on the Clapham Omnibus" (ie the reasonable bystander) or whether he would treat the advert as "mere puff." The courts in the UK have always felt that it is impossible to sell a product by muttering quietly that the manufacturers think that there is some slight evidence to suggest that the product might work occasionally..... The manufacturer is much more likely to claim that the product is the Wunda-Product, obviously. The court's view has always been that the Man On The Clapham Omnibus is a sensible bloke who can tell what "mere [sales] puff" is when he sees it. There is no reason why the manufacturer should have to pay damages to somebody who is just plain gullible by nature.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Jodie

Apparently, most jobs advertised on the websites of most recruitment agencies are fakesm the world over, not just in Oz. The idea is to draw the crowds in with the adverts.

In the UK, it is all now enshrined in the statute law devised by the Nanny State (with able and frequent prompting from the unelected officials in Brussels) but the question of advertising goes back to the famous case of Carlill v Carbolic Smoke Ball Company Ltd, which I think was in about 1916.

Apparently there was a dreadful outbreak of Influenza in about 1914, which killed thousands of people, I gather. According to the adverts, inhaling the vapours of the Carbolic Smoke Ball would be efficacious in preventing the person from catching the disease. According to Mrs Carlill, she bought one of these smoke balls, followed the instructions and still caught Influenza.

There was no Advertising Standards Authority in those days and it was a Contract Law case about whether or not the advertisement constituted a misleading Invitation to Treat, which in turn led to the purchase of the allegedly useless/allegedly brilliant Smoke Ball (according to whose story one prefers!)

The question for Their Lordships was whether the advert was indeed likely to mislead "the man on the Clapham Omnibus" (ie the reasonable bystander) or whether he would treat the advert as "mere puff." The courts in the UK have always felt that it is impossible to sell a product by muttering quietly that the manufacturers think that there is some slight evidence to suggest that the product might work occasionally..... The manufacturer is much more likely to claim that the product is the Wunda-Product, obviously. The court's view has always been that the Man On The Clapham Omnibus is a sensible bloke who can tell what "mere [sales] puff" is when he sees it. There is no reason why the manufacturer should have to pay damages to somebody who is just plain gullible by nature.

Cheers

Gill

hi im also ss from SA but what is ACT sponsership are they differ than us????????????????????????/

Guest archisami

Hi there,

I would be grateful if somebody reply to my question.

I am sponsored by the ACT and like many others received this email to demonstrate my skill and experience is still in demand.not only I don't understand how to prove it but also I don't know why the applicants in a same occupation should do it?

I mean they are going to announce a list of occupations in SMP not a list of names.So when I prove that my job is in demand it includes other sponsords with the same job.

On the other hand,there is a limit of 28 days for the applicants to reply,if the SMP would be on the basis of these answers,so how can we expect it to be announced sooner than this time?

Thx for any answer in this regard.

hi im also ss from SA but what is ACT sponsership are they differ than us????????????????????????/

Yes, this thread is talking about an email received by people who hold ACT SS only and actions that they have to take.

As you are sponsored by SA then you don't have to take any action on this email. However, as soon as anyone hears anything regarding SA SMP / SS it will be posted on PIO for sure.

Regards

Claire

Yes, this thread is talking about an email received by people who hold ACT SS only and actions that they have to take.

As you are sponsored by SA then you don't have to take any action on this email. However, as soon as anyone hears anything regarding SA SMP / SS it will be posted on PIO for sure.

Regards

Claire

What sort of action do u have to take ? I read this post but did not understand what exactly ACT wants from their applicants :err:

Regards

Dear Clair

I am not sponsored but I cannot understand what ACT is asking from its applicants. What do they have to do ?

Regards

ACT just wants to know whether the people who they have sponsored are still committed to living and working (with suitable opportunities) in Canberra and that they are not wasting their visa quotas on those who do not seem too interested.

ACT just wants to know whether the people who they have sponsored are still committed to living and working (with suitable opportunities) in Canberra and that they are not wasting their visa quotas on those who do not seem too interested.

Thanks, but it is not a issue to be worried about , Why are most of ACT applicants worried ?

Then what is the issue with employment prospect for occupations ?

I heard that ACT applicants are to prove positive employment prospect for their nominated occupation is that correct ?

Sorry for bothering you

Regards

Thanks, but it is not a issue to be worried about , Why are most of ACT applicants worried ?

Then what is the issue with employment prospect for occupations ?

I heard that ACT applicants are to prove positive employment prospect for their nominated occupation is that correct ?

Sorry for bothering you

Regards

IMO if anyone is to obtain suitable employment and provide that to ACT, then there will be none because everyone seems to be getting the same response back from the Companies / Recruitment Agencies telling them that they are not in Australia / do not have PR. I would believe that we have to see our suitability for the positions available

Guest dragsterwish

Well said! :notworthy:

Guest dragsterwish

An update from another PIO - Lankan

Hi Lankan, Thanks for sharing the update again! The docu is dated Oct 2010 and thus very new.

http://www.business.act.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/129008/176_Visa_Nomination_Guidelines_Oct2010.pdf

The main site also has the very positive statement:

Business and Industry Development - Skilled Migration

2010/2011 ACT State Migration Plan (SMP) Skills List.

It is expected that the 2010/2011 SMP Skills List will be published in October 2010 when the ACT State Migration Plan is announced.

VICTORIA SMP Update:

Update - State Migration Plan

On 8 February 2010, the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) announced that new arrangements would be introduced for state and territory governments to nominate applicants through the state sponsorship program. The new arrangements require state and territory governments to develop a State Migration Plan which identifies occupations and skill sets eligible for sponsorship, supported by labour market evidence.

Due to the federal election, the Victorian Government State Migration Plan will be implemented after 18 October 2010.

Information about the plan and the sponsorship eligibility list will be available on this website when they are complete. Only occupations included on Victoria’s sponsorship eligibility list will be considered for sponsorship.

can any one tell me if we can apply for ACT SS or WE CANT..I LODGE 885 APLLI.IN SEP 09 AND FEB 10 GOT SS FROM SA NONSOL SHOULD WE OR CAN WE GO FOR ACT SS...........COZ NOT SURE IF OUR OCCUP(CAT4)WILL BE ON SMP.........PLS SUGGEST ...............

Well said! :notworthy:

The ACT just want to see that vacancies exist in your nominated occupation. They do not require you to have a job offer. If you go onto SEEK, find some vacancies and then attach the details to the email you send back to ACT, that should be enough.

I think they're just doing it to find out who's no longer interested so they don't waste any of their allocation.

Guest archisami
The ACT just want to see that vacancies exist in your nominated occupation. They do not require you to have a job offer. If you go onto SEEK,
find some vacancies and then attach the details to the email you send back to ACT, that should be enough.

I think they're just doing it to find out who's no longer interested so they don't waste any of their allocation.

Hi clickettuk,

It doesn't make sense,because as one applicant proves the job vacancy for his/her nominated occupation, it covers all other applicant with the same occupatIon!

So why do they ask each applicant to demonstrate it?

Although we saw many misunderstanding decisions . . .

Hi clickettuk,

It doesn't make sense,because as one applicant proves the job vacancy for his/her nominated occupation, it covers all other applicant with the same occupatIon!

Actually, it shows your interest in finding a job. You don't usually club applications of the same profession together before applying.

Hi clickettuk,

All the people with ACT sponsorship probably cover many different nominated occupations, so they decided getting us to do the employability research was easier. Like I said before, they are probably most keen to find out who's no longer interesting in moving to Canberra.

Archived