Perth area - can you recommend a real estate agent to find a rental property?

Guest VisitingfromLA

Guest VisitingfromLA

Looking for a reliable agent to help my wife and I. We'll arrive early Dec 2010 and need a furnished rental for a couple of months. Focusing on Mandurah currently. It's only the two of us, no pets, no smoking, very clean and responsible.

Thanks.

Guest dawnpepper

Hi, from our experience the real estate agents will not help you to find a rental unless you are actually in australia and probably will not even reply to your e-mails. We did our own homework from the Uk and booked our own accommodation. It always helps if you know the area you want to stay. We booked our accommodation with www.ozhouserental.com

Good luck with it all,

Dawn.

Guest VisitingfromLA

I've been looking at such sites (Stayz, etc.) but am a bit concerned about selecting something solely over the internet. This is our first visit to Oz so we are going into the whole 'Perth - Mandurah' thing blind as it were.:wink:

• 3 weeks later...
Looking for a reliable agent to help my wife and I. We'll arrive early Dec 2010 and need a furnished rental for a couple of months. Focusing on Mandurah currently. It's only the two of us, no pets, no smoking, very clean and responsible.

Thanks.

Bassett Scarfe Real Estate in Mandurah are very helpful. Good luck. Robyn

Guest milliemoo
Hi, we tried to secure a rental in Perth when we lived in France and no agent would rent us a property until we got here. Our experience with many agents was that you have to follow a set process:

a) you have to actually view a property, usually at an open house session of around 20 minutes when the agent turns up and all interested parties arrive to view

b) then if you like it, fill in an application form and submit with proof of id (most agents SOR asked for a one week deposit to be submitted at this time. You get this back if your application is unsuccessful)

c) if your application is accepted you then sign a rental agreement and sort out finance.

All this happens quite last minute, most viewings are arranged when the property is already available and you are expected to move quite quickly or up to 2 weeks before it becomes vacant

A really good site to search is real estate australia as this has a wide selection of properties from lots of agents

Before you arrive, my advice would be to try gumtree perth and rent from a private landlord - it worked really well for us

Good luck

This is the case usually for unfurnished long term lets not for furnished holiday lets.

I think your best bet is looking on the holiday property websites.

Good luck.

Archived