Reliable female, 26 looking for Sydney Home!

Guest Ellie84

Hello there! :biggrin:

My name is Ellie, I'm 26, female, and moving to Sydney on 1st November 2010 from Manchester, England.

I'll be working near Harbour Bridge (as an Environmental Engineer) and would like to rent a fully furnished room in a house/flat for around $200 a week including bills, either close to my work or somewhere which has good transport links. Also must have internet but other than that I have no real requirements!

I'm very reliable, easy-going, clean, tidy and considerate. I enjoy walking, cinema, theatre, reading, music, cooking (and eating!) arts and crafts and having a chat over a good old glass of wine, but I'm always keen to try new things too!

If you think you have something roughly matching this/or know anyone who could help, please get in touch!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hope to speak soon,

Ellie :)

Hi Ellie

I am in a similar position to you and found a great flatshare using Flatmate Finder. You have to pay something like a $30 fee if you are successful (nothing if you aren't successful) but I think that's worth it for peace of mind!

Good luck!

Joanne

You won't get anything for $200 AUD per week, Budget a minimum of $350 PW for a Studio and $400 per week for a 1 bed if you are lucky.

Also you really don't want to live in the CBD, Look at Neutral Bay, Cremorne, Mosman and Crows nest as these areas are pretty good and the most reasonable.

http://www.domain.com.au is a good resource,

If its of interest I have a friend looking for a flatmate in Manly for 300 AUD per week, Awesome loaction too and a 2 min walk to the wharf where you can get a ferry to Circular Quay.

If you're after a house share, get a couchsurfing account as theres always people advertising rooms on there.

Archived