DIAC V Assessing Authority???

kellyjamie

Hi all,

can anyone answer this plz? i have looked at the ANZCO description of Welfare Worker again which is skill level one. Now when it was ASCO the skill level was Diploma or above but now its ANZCO its changed to Bachelor Degree or 5 years exp, but it says that this may not be the same skill level as the assessing authority AIWCW. Thats correct, it is not the same as the AIWCW states a Diploma is the req qualification to be assessed for migration??? S how does that work? you can be assessed at diploma level but willDIAC then refuse your visa for not meeting their skill level? If so thats completely crazy and doesnt make sense?

Hi all,

can anyone answer this plz? i have looked at the ANZCO description of Welfare Worker again which is skill level one. Now when it was ASCO the skill level was Diploma or above but now its ANZCO its changed to Bachelor Degree or 5 years exp, but it says that this may not be the same skill level as the assessing authority AIWCW. Thats correct, it is not the same as the AIWCW states a Diploma is the req qualification to be assessed for migration??? S how does that work? you can be assessed at diploma level but willDIAC then refuse your visa for not meeting their skill level? If so thats completely crazy and doesnt make sense?

There is no requirement for DIAC processes to make sense.

It has been held that in assessing a visa applicant's work experience due weight must be given to qualifications and the totality of work experience and training.

I once represented a 23-year-old quality assurance manager who held a psychology qualification, assessed as comparable to an Australian diploma.

She nominated Family Supoort Worker as her skilled occupation and quality assurance manager for her work experience; an unusual combination.

The visa application was refused at the primary decision level, but the applicant was successful in the Migration Review Tribunal.

She is now an Australian citizen.

Archived