contribututory parent visa ...

the bottler

Please can anyone help me ? ... I apologise if the questions have been asked many times before ...

I went through a Migration Agent ... my paperwork was sent off by them on the 28th of May 2009 ... I thought it would only take about 9 months to process them ... it has been 15 months ... I have been told by the Migration Agents it is taking between 15 to 18 months ... is anyone else having the same problem ?

Once I do get my visa how long are you given to get them stamped , ( is that the word ? )

Thank you ,

Helen .

Don't know about time scales for visa approval. We have Contributory Parental Visa.. we had 1 year to validate from date of approval and altogether 5 years permanent residency entry exit.

Hope this helps.

Don't know about time scales for visa approval. We have Contributory Parental Visa.. we had 1 year to validate from date of approval and altogether 5 years permanent residency entry exit.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Sioux ,

Sorry to appear stupid but what is a 5 year permanent residency entry exit ? ...

Helen .

Guest guest36187

If I can help at all please feel free to PM me or chat by email. My parents had a CPV granted in 2008. I am their assurer of support

Guest cazbeckham

Hi I am Joanne's Mum and you get one year to validate your visa from the day it was issued.

Once you get a case officer they will tell you to go and do your police checks and medicals, then all seems to fly from then on.

Good Luck

Whereabouts in Oz are you heading for?

Thank you Sioux ,

Sorry to appear stupid but what is a 5 year permanent residency entry exit ? ...

Helen .

Hi Helen, the 5 year entry exit just means that although you will have permanent residency, you also have 5 years where you can come and go, in and out the country then after that you will have to apply for a re-entry visa before being allowed back in again.

Hang in there, it will come around sooner than you think

Guest Gollywobbler
Please can anyone help me ? ... I apologise if the questions have been asked many times before ...

I went through a Migration Agent ... my paperwork was sent off by them on the 28th of May 2009 ... I thought it would only take about 9 months to process them ... it has been 15 months ... I have been told by the Migration Agents it is taking between 15 to 18 months ... is anyone else having the same problem ?

Once I do get my visa how long are you given to get them stamped , ( is that the word ? )

Thank you ,

Helen .

Hi Helen

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

Your migration agents are right. It is taking about 15/16 months before the Case Officer makes contact and then around 3 months more after that.

Which visa have you applied for, please?

Also, are you aware of the Contributory Parents website and the tracker which is run by Steve? (Sandch.)

You might want to join the tracker:

Australian migration, contributory parent visa, information and progress tracker

Enough people have now joined that the tracker is a pretty reliable indicator of how long things are taking.

Please also see (and I suggest, join) the following threads:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/77756-brand-new-pio-parents-visa-thread-51.html

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4 - Page 71 : British Expat Discussion Forum

The wait is survivable, I promise you.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Helen, the 5 year entry exit just means that although you will have permanent residency, you also have 5 years where you can come and go, in and out the country then after that you will have to apply for a re-entry visa before being allowed back in again.

Hang in there, it will come around sooner than you think

thank you for replying ... some days are better than others ... but it really helps to read and contact people on this site ... everyone more or less seems to be in the same boat ... it`s a great " club " to belong too ...

Helen

Hi Helen

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

Your migration agents are right. It is taking about 15/16 months before the Case Officer makes contact and then around 3 months more after that.

Which visa have you applied for, please?

Also, are you aware of the Contributory Parents website and the tracker which is run by Steve? (Sandch.)

You might want to join the tracker:

Australian migration, contributory parent visa, information and progress tracker

Enough people have now joined that the tracker is a pretty reliable indicator of how long things are taking.

Please also see (and I suggest, join) the following threads:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/77756-brand-new-pio-parents-visa-thread-51.html

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4 - Page 71 : British Expat Discussion Forum

The wait is survivable, I promise you.

Cheers

Gill

Hello ,

thank you for your very welcome reply ... I read a lot of the things you write and find them very helpful ... you really are very kind to find the time to help us all ...

Helen .

Hi I am Joanne's Mum and you get one year to validate your visa from the day it was issued.

Once you get a case officer they will tell you to go and do your police checks and medicals, then all seems to fly from then on.

Good Luck

Whereabouts in Oz are you heading for?

Hello ,

thank you for your reply ... it certainly cheered me up ... I am going to W.A. ... my son and family emigrated 15 years ago ... I have visited 7 times and fell in love with Western Australia ... can`t wait to start my new life ...

Helen .

Hello ,

thank you for your very welcome reply ... I read a lot of the things you write and find them very helpful ... you really are very kind to find the time to help us all ...

Helen .

Hello Gill ,

just reread your letter ... I should have said I am applying for a Contributory Parent Visa ... the one where you pay $44,000 and my son pays $10,000

Helen .

Archived