Changing points system?

paulswin

Does anyone know if the points system will change in Jan 11?? We've lost 5 points now as oh has turned 40 :( but still have enough for state sponsorship if job on SMP.

It 's expected to change but bear in mind that always Australian immigration roles get tougher. I am one of those who lost 5 points due to revoking of MODL points. I was only one step to lodge my application but left behind the door.

I am still struggling to acquire SS and eventually decided to take the IELTS test instead of waiting.

This might sound silly but if you're british can you still do it!?

Yes off course, If you don't take ielts you ll be entitled for 15 points but if you do and achieve 7 then you ll get 25

So this could be a golden opportunity for you to increase your points:wubclub:

Guest VickyMel

Yep lots of Brits take it for the extra 10 points.

If you are on the SMP then it also might be worth considering if they are sponsoring your occupation in a place you want to go. The SMP route may be faster.

There was a review of the points system going on at the beginning of the year - with potentially a major shift in direction. But it sounded like it went on a backburner (Mmmm put there like many of us applicants I think) and the last I heard it sounded like we would not be hearing anything anytime soon.

VickyMel

Archived