and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest roh008

which shipping company

Guest roh008

Hi All,

Has anyone had experience with these two companies?

*** is a smaller firm, very competitive(low price) however, trying to see if they are an accredited international removals company.

Anglo Pacific, out right said they are unlikely to be as cheap as the smaller firms, (that makes sense due to overhead costs being higher for a larger firm)

However, as I am going groupage this makes me feel a bit more secure with regards to waiting times.

Any views?

One of these companies was great to us until we paid our deposit and agreed for them to transport our goods. Then they did not do what they said they would do and did not reply to our messages. So we changed our minds. Then they became amazing again.

We are currently weighing up Crown and White and Co, both of which seem excellent.

Obviously due to concerns about being sued I cannot tell you which of your two companies I am talkng about. Absolute Pain!

We used Anglo Pacific (for both household goods & car, sent seperately) & they were great every stage of process. We were especially impressed with their packers. Not the cheapest quote, but worth the extra. Their Aussie agent was excellent too.

Our other quote was from a company we had used within the UK. They were ok, but nothing special, so we decided to give Anglo Pacific a go & are very glad we did. Highly recommend Anglo Pacific.

K

Just got my first quote from a very good company, they shipped my friends household in our area only 6 months ago and it seemed very good. BUT... the quote they have given us is unbelievable, 20ft container, Edinburgh to Kalgoorlie £5500... Are they smoking their socks, I was thinking along the lines of £3000!!!

Getting more quotes this week, they had better be better or I'll rather leave my furniture here and just take kids toys and our sentimental items!!

Job Offer 20.05.11 | 457 Application Lodged 28.06.11 | TRN Received 28.06.11 | Meds 06.07.11| Health Ins Cert 20.07.11 | Visa Granted 21.07.11 | Arrived in WA 24.04.12

we are using anglo pacific and so far so good they have been great and not that expensive we are using a shared container using 410 cub feet and its come out at 2435.00 which considereing thay are doing all the packing supply boxes and packing materials ship it over to the otherside of the world unload it and drive it from sydney to canberra i dont think thats a bad price! Plus the visit to quote and the telephone support and paperwork. hope it all goes well

Just got my first quote from a very good company, they shipped my friends household in our area only 6 months ago and it seemed very good. BUT... the quote they have given us is unbelievable, 20ft container, Edinburgh to Kalgoorlie £5500... Are they smoking their socks, I was thinking along the lines of £3000!!!

Getting more quotes this week, they had better be better or I'll rather leave my furniture here and just take kids toys and our sentimental items!!

you live in edinburgh and are going to kalgoorlie. its never going to be cheap. the haulage to ports at both ends is the issue.

you live in edinburgh and are going to kalgoorlie. its never going to be cheap. the haulage to ports at both ends is the issue.

Thanx again :)

It's getting it from Freemantle to Kalgoorlie that's the big expense, so we're just shipping to Kal, will organise to fetch it from the port ourselves... Certainly won't cost £2k!

Job Offer 20.05.11 | 457 Application Lodged 28.06.11 | TRN Received 28.06.11 | Meds 06.07.11| Health Ins Cert 20.07.11 | Visa Granted 21.07.11 | Arrived in WA 24.04.12

Thanx again :)

It's getting it from Freemantle to Kalgoorlie that's the big expense, so we're just shipping to Kal, will organise to fetch it from the port ourselves... Certainly won't cost £2k!

Shipping to Perth, not Kal! LOL

Guest KandJ

We have just used ************ and I could not recommend them more, right from the start we were put at ease and made comfortable, with the whole process being explained to us from start to finish. Although may be not the biggest company I'm sure they are the most friendly and helpful.

One of our biggest worries was moving things such as a racing go kart and canoes but this appeared to be no problem and was all accommodated, despite it seeming an issue for some of the larger companies who quoted!

The packers themselves were well presented and professional and I felt comfortable trusting them to do a role they carried out expertly and efficiently, the quote was competitive and there were no hidden surprises in the final cost outcome. I would highly recommend *** to anyone moving, as soon as they come round to quote you will understand exactly what I mean! A1

ADMIN NOTE: This post originates from the UK. The owner of this account has created another duplicate account which they are also using to promote '************' (http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/transport-shipping/127572-global-moving-systems.html#post1935833105)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Sarah76
        When I was asked why I loved Australia, my mind instantly thought of the weather, the glorious sun shining for most of the year and the golden sandy beaches. But Australia has become so much more than that to me, it’s become my home and the people here have become my community.
        Don't mistake me for saying the coastline isn’t one of the most glorious things I have ever seen, especially at sunset but there is so much more here to see!

When I moved to Australia seven years ago I thought I’d be here for a year or two, earn some good money and go home again. But here I am after all this time settled into a beautiful home and engaged to an Australian!
        My experiences in this beautiful country have taken me all over the state of NSW, up to the scorching Gold Coast and Brisbane, down to the creative and artsy Melbourne and to the nation’s capital on a regular basis, even smaller coastal towns such as Coffs harbour

The drive to Canberra is one of the best ways to see a bit of everything!
        Starting in Sydney you see the hustle and bustle of the city life, the long stretching highways, the build up of traffic, the different cultures through the western suburbs of Sydney, and then suddenly the long highway takes you into the wide open air!

You are cruising along at 110km looking at beautiful bush land, wide open fields with kangaroos bouncing around and suddenly you feel like you’re so far away from the city! When arriving in Canberra it’s like being in a small coastal town with no coast! The people here are so friendly and relaxed, willing to help you with directions or a flat tyre or anything you may need!
        Below is a picture I took on my most recent visit to Canberra from my hotel room.

I also have a silly picture of my first journey to Canberra in 2011 when I first arrived in Australia and this is taken at The Great Dry Lake George. Which is exactly what it sounds like, a big lake that is no more and now lays a sometimes rain filled sometimes dry for the kangaroos to lay around on!

Speaking of kangaroos, all those little grey specs are kangaroos!

The people are one of the biggest reasons I stayed here, as well as job opportunities!
        The people of Queensland that I encountered were so relaxed it was like they were on permanent holidays, the shops were wonderfully quiet and the tourist attractions were what we expected! The theme parks on the Gold Coast are a must visit for anyone travelling to this part of Australia!
        Young and Old will enjoy their time here with plenty of shops and attractions as well as rides for thrill seekers. Below is a picture from my most recent visit to the Gold Coast in the evening

I have also a picture of the tropical hotel I stayed in

The people of Melbourne were so different to anywhere I’d seen before, they are outspoken, passionate and proud and LOVE their coffee and coffee houses!
        The place is beautiful with art everywhere, interesting places to visit and of course a beautiful coastline as well! I didn't have much time to take pictures of all the wonderful art while in Melbourne as I was too distracted with the sights to get out my phone but I have two pictures one from the Aquarium we visited and one from the river bank we ate our lunch on.

Where I live in Sydney is very multi cultural, it’s very diverse in shopping and eating facilities and this acceptance of everyone’s cultures is what makes it home to me now!
        Here is a photo from my balcony

The other reason I stayed as mentioned before is the job opportunities. Here in Australia you can be whatever you dream of being, from a teacher to a builder, from a nurse to a road worker, every single field you can dream of has an entry level position where if you work hard and succeed you have so many opportunities to climb the ladder and grow as an employee. The government here also helps greatly with training and development options.
        Or if you already have the qualifications they are recognized here and you can go into a position higher than entry level. All the jobs I have had here in Sydney have paid me well, and rewarded me for my hard work. If you have the right attitude towards work then Australians respect that.
        I haven’t been “home” to New Zealand in a very long time and as I look into the future the reasons to go back dwindle, as each day I build my life here with more confidence and love for everything I’ve come to know here in Australia. And yes the sunshine is wonderful but the people and opportunities are more wonderful!
      • By TheWayOfThePony
        I know there are a  few threads on the subject, just thought my own experience might help. I know I trawled the internet looking for reviews!
        The choice: MoveCube or packing company?
        I found the prospect of self-packing and loading quite daunting (I was on my own and had some pretty heavy stuff to move). So for peace of mind I went for Anglo Pacific (which had been recommended by two friends who had moved to Australia) over MoveCube.
        Preparing the move: getting a quote, an estimate, a date 
        - Quote: I had a phone call to AP during which I was asked to roughly estimate how much stuff I would be shipping to Oz so they could give me a provisional quote. No fret if it's a bit off the mark or if you can't think of everything, they want a rough idea and if on moving day it turns out you are bringing more (or less) than estimated, the quote will be adjusted. Just don't forget to mention the piano or any Big Thing that doesn't lead itself to improvised packing  Moving day was confirmed over email.
        - Making a list of my belongings: it helped for getting an accurate insurance quote, but also for flagging any problematic stuff that customs might object to (organic material, tools, etc...), and which will have to be declared on the customs form.
        - Insurance: AP offered insurance, but following the general wisdom I went with a third party (Letton Percival). In the end I had no claim to push so I can't tell you how Letton Percival are in a time of crisis! All I can say is that I found them very efficient and professional in our communications.
        - Arranging parking space for the truck: I had off-street parking so that was never an issue, but this is definitely something they will ask you about.
        Moving day
        Miscommunication between the office and the packers meant the truck was 5 hours late... so that wasn't great.
        But I have to say that once there the packers worked with incredible speed. In less than an hour they had packed and loaded about 25 boxes. Which was a good dozen more than estimated (I had way more books than I thought during that first conversation with AP!) but that wasn't a problem: the packers are prepared for that turn of event and always bring extra boxes.
        The quote was re-adjusted accordingly, but I thought the final quote was fair. The packers bring their experience of shipping goods to Australia and can advise you on some items you're not sure about (I thought about bringing sand and seashells from the motherland but they advised against it, so I left it behind). They also put all the potentially problematic stuff (I had objects made out of wood) together and labelled the boxes accordingly - that way if Customs wanted to check all the wooden objects they could go straight for those boxes instead of opening them all.
        All in all, knowing my belongings were packed in accordance to customs requirements justified the extra amount, I thought. Not breaking my back trying to load a dozen box of books into a cube is also pretty neat.
        Row, Row, Row Your Boat
        The container took a couple of months to arrive in Australia, which was the estimate I had been given. AP kept me up to date with the shipping status over email and gave me a tracking number as well.
        Christmas Delivery Day 
        Once in Australia, Allied Pickfords took over for delivery. Once again, the office and truck didn't seem to communicate that well as my delivery didn't arrive on the agreed day, so I had to call again and rearrange the delivery. 
        All boxes were accounted for, HOWEVER a couple were bashed in... one of them pretty seriously - though thankfully the content was unaffected, so I didn't have to investigate any further. But there is no telling when that occurred: on the truck? on the ship? in customs?  It's not like anyone left a note saying hey, sorry we handled this one a bit roughly...
        The boxes containing my wooden objects looked like they had indeed been opened by customs. Nothing was removed/destroyed.
        In the end my belongings arrived pretty much in the state I had left them, save for a few books which ended up with crumpled pages, and a couple of tins which suffered some bumps. Pretty sure this occurred during packing, as the packers probably wanted to make up for their late arrival and just crammed things into boxes. But this is very minor stuff, and there's not telling I'd have done any better! And on the other side, all my fragile objects (vases, frames etc) were completely fine.
        So there you go! Not perfect, but nothing is, and overall I'm pretty satisfied . Should I ever need to move back to Europe(God forbid) I'd probably use the same companies.
      • By Siobhan_x
        Hey.. so I'm 27 year old female have 4 years in recruitment - engineering and trades, which I don't really want to do, and have 8 years in administration. I have never been to the sunny coast and heard it's not so good for white collar roles 😔 I am going to do more research and try asking more agencies but I generally get the same answer back "you need to be here" or ignored. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Ps .. I have no idea where I will be living yet! I'm not moving until May 2018 but I generally will go where the work is 
      • By Peng
        How hard is it to migrate to Australia? I'm an 18 year old that in 3 years is planning to move to Australia. June of 2016 I spent 14 days there and fell in love with the country. I'm currently getting my associates in IT at a technical college which should help. Open to recommendations as to what I should do to make it a better and easier experience. Working holiday visa for a few years, waiting a few years, etc... let me know!
      • By neilwilliams1987
        Hello Everyone,
        I will be moving back to the UK in the New Year and will be selling off all contents of my flat, i will be uploading pictures in the coming week. Ideally this would suit someone who has just moved to Perth
        ideally i could sell the whole lot, or piece by piece. If anyone knows of anybody this would suit please get them to get in touch. 
        I am based in Joondalup with plenty of parking for trucks / utes ect for moving.
        the list includes: Double Bed and Mattress x2, Beside table, Dining room (table seats 6), bedroom Unit, lamps x2, couches 2 seater and 3 seater, TV Unit, TV, Coffee Table, SIde table, Fridge, BBQ and Smoker,
        Pots, pans, cutlery, plates, bowls, ect.
        anyone is welcome to come past and have a visit, i know whats its like to get started in a new country and how hard it can be, if i can sell the lot in one go a discount will be given. not looking to rip anyone off just want rid off it all.
        Please share 
        Cheers
        Neil
        neilwilliams1987@yahoo.co.uk