Great to find this site!

Guest norwichgal

Guest norwichgal

Hi everyone. Great to find this forum!:hug:

I've been living in Australia for almost 10 years-started off life in outback NSW on a 13,000 acre sheep & cattle property when I got married but moved to the central coast just north of Sydney 5 years ago.

My mistake was going back to the UK recently this summer, the weather was fantastic. Everything looked beautiful and I spent the best time ever with my family....now of course I want to move back. My mum is 70, had breast cancer 2 years ago and can't travel easily for various health reasons. My two children, aged 7 and 5 barely know their English family (we don't have any family to speak of here) and it seems the case for going back is gaining momentum. Even my hubby, a die hard Aussie wants to give it a go. He says Australia is too expensive these days and we could potentially do well by moving now.

I know this a decision only we can make-but I'd be interested to hear from people in the same boat-or maybe who have already made the move and ended coming back to Oz.

Thanks in advance!

Guest sunnyday

Hi, I can't help with your dilema I'm afraid as new to Oz. Just wanted to say tho theres plenty on here in your shoes so you'll find lots of support, good luck with your decision hun and

Welcome to PIO x

Guest valleylass

HI norwichgal

Welcome to PIO there are people on here who like you have been in Oz for quite some time and now yearn for the UK, some with Australian partners too. We moved back to the UK but had not been in Oz for as long as you so I think there are others are better able to share their more relevant experiences of return.

Good luck someone will be along soon I'm sure!

Your husband is right, financially now is a very good time to go back - it hasnt been like this for decades. We have always been the poor relation here and for many it just hasnt been possible to move because of the value of the dollar. Must say I am enjoying it!

Everyone will tell you that this summer was a one off and so it may have been but I was in UK in spring last year and it was glorious. This year I had the tail end of winter and beginning of spring and every photo bar one that I took had a beautiful blue sky with varying degrees of fluffy clouds so it isnt always totally grey.

Archived