Visa Grant! - 176

Shaz36

Hi all,

Just to let you know, that my sister got her visa granted today. It was a 176 family sponsored visa, and they were on the CSL. (aircraft engineer)

Timeline below:

March 2010 - 176 Submitted

April - Case officer requests meds and pcc's

Asked for extension for medicals due to baby due in May

July - Got baby's passport

27 July - Meds done

9 Aug - Meds rec'd in Sydney

12 Aug - Meds finalised

18 Aug - Visa granted!

Good luck to all those still waiting,

Cheers

Shaz

Hi all,

My sister got her visa today, a GSM 176 visa. She had been on the CSL, applied in March, got a case officer in April before it was removed. There was a delay then as she had a baby in the meantime, and in July got a baby passport and got meds done, so case officer picked it back up, and granted her visa today.

I was worried that with the new priorities, she wouldnt get it quickly, as its a family sponsored visa, and had been high priority being on the CSL, but when it was removed, wasnt sure how that would affect her. Anyway, she got it today, and I am so pleased as it will mean I will have that to look forward to, her moving out, albeit it wont be for another 2 yrs but as long as I know she will be on her way out, it will be easier for me to settle no doubt. We are due to go when the house sells, but ideally November this year.

Shaz

Guest milano
Hi all,

Just to let you know, that my sister got her visa granted today. It was a 176 family sponsored visa, and they were on the CSL. (aircraft engineer)

Timeline below:

March 2010 - 176 Submitted

April - Case officer requests meds and pcc's

Asked for extension for medicals due to baby due in May

July - Got baby's passport

27 July - Meds done

9 Aug - Meds rec'd in Sydney

12 Aug - Meds finalised

18 Aug - Visa granted!

Good luck to all those still waiting,

Cheers

Shaz

Gr8 News Shaz....congratulations.....May i ask you her medical was cleared in just 4 days???? that was so quick....

Good Luck

Thanks Sunnyday,

I am. They want to wait a bit, as they are tied in with their mortgage, and houses arent really selling well right now. It will give them time to save a bit, but if we go out this year, she will come out next year to validate, so will be lovely to see her, then she will start planning when she will come out.

It will make all the difference, as her kids are similar ages to mine, and very close. Also, we are very close.

Shaz

Gr8 News Shaz....congratulations.....May i ask you her medical was cleared in just 4 days???? that was so quick....

Good Luck

Hi Milano,

Yes, it took a week before the doctor sent off the medicals to Sydney, then a few days to reach them, and once received, very quick processing.

Her online status showed as received within a few days, and then she was worried she might wait ages before it was granted, but only 6 days later got the grant.

Not sure what happened to my posts, but seemed to be removed from the Migration section and merged, so thats why I have 2 posts above, and nothing in the migration section. I thought those people may have been interested in a 176 visa being granted.

Archived