• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest pinkcera

Congratulations!!

Did you submit your visa application with your nomination application, or was your nomination already approved??

Sorry for all the questions but we lodged in Parramatta on the 29th June alongside our visa application and we're still waiting with no CO in sight!!

Guest serenepalma

Hi Fabian

just want to ask. since your visa application was decision ready, when you received your acknowledgment letter after it was lodged, is it written in your acknowledgment letter that its a 'decision ready application'? or just a generic acknowledgment?

thanks

Guest smwarlock20
Hi - not 100% sure what 'decision ready' means but probably because we did it ourselves not with an agent. We did send off everything except for medicals and Form 80 which we were asked for at a later date. From what I have gathered it really is down to your situation as an applicant. Hope that helps??

Hi scobba.hearty congratulations.u mind telling me which state u brlong to.cause Qld seems to be going bit late:goofy::goofy:

hi guys,

I am a civil engineer and also interested to apply for 857 visa as I have a potential sponsor who is willing to sponsor me.Because I did not start process of application yet I am just wondering is it mandatory that I assess my degree from overseas before lodgment or it is not necessary,but still I am eligible to apply for that visa.I am asking that because I dont have much experience and I suppose that will be a big challenge.I know that on the Immigration web site if it is necessary to allow you to work independetely that you have licence or registration you have to do that,which is not mandatory for civil engineer,I guess,but still I dont know how Immigration looks on that.

Thanks in advance

Guest smwarlock20

help please

someone

hi guys.can someone please clear my doubt.i have applied 857 one month ago.but my student visa expires in 2014.i just came across that,immi does not check ur application until ur student visa is expired.is that true.does that mean my processing time is going to extend till 2014.:cry::cry::arghh::arghh::arghh:

and i have stopped studying and working as im under contract.so will immi check upon my visa and cancel,cause im not studying

Guest paulf55

Morning All,

Have there been any RSMS visa's granted in the last few weeks that anyone knows of?

It has been 5 Months and 2 weeks since my fee was taken from my account but I cannot get an answer about the current status of my app.

Have any of you been told it could take 7/8 months due to hold ups in Parramatta? I think the girl just said that so I wouldn't ask her questions she could not answer!

Any advice on what to do now or should I just wait for another 2 months??

Thanks

Paul

Guest smwarlock20

Hey guys

Just a thought

Please do not forget that u have been in the same situation,which everyone is going through.i mean waiting,being anxious,and yeah 1000 doubts.so seniors(means who got approved)if you could remember that n try to help others by suggesting or directing how much ever u know.would be highly appreciated.cheers!

help please

someone

hi guys.can someone please clear my doubt.i have applied 857 one month ago.but my student visa expires in 2014.i just came across that,immi does not check ur application until ur student visa is expired.is that true.does that mean my processing time is going to extend till 2014.:cry::cry::arghh::arghh::arghh:

and i have stopped studying and working as im under contract.so will immi check upon my visa and cancel,cause im not studying

hi there,

when you start work and stop studying on your student visa, it will take around 3-4 months (sometimes 5 months) to cancel your student visa then you will go on Bridging E visa because of your 857 application, which does not allow you to work and you can stay lawfully in the country. you can apply for work permit and usually they issue it. they definately dont care about your student visa expiry date to start and finalise your 857. any question let me know. but because 857 may take bit longer than what it is promised on DIAC websitr. I suggest you to apply for 457 as well.

Guest smwarlock20

Thank you bghkh.I'm bit dubious abt going on bridging E cause in case my nomination and application gets rejected I would stand no where.not that it would( diploma of dental technology degree in Australia ,in sol list,in regional area,employee full-time required,genuine employer,no exceptional circumstances).but u never know.

So I was thinking of actually doing some dumb course till march or april.do u think it's wise?????.good to know they will consider my application as normal as to others.

Guest smwarlock20

Hi guys just a quick update

Current Processing Dates

If you have lodged an ENS or RSMS application, you should have received an acknowledgement letter shortly after you lodge your application. This letter will advise that your application has been received and placed with our on-hand cases.

We are currently allocating applications to case officers for assessment in the

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) which were received on 14 April 2011.*""

How pathetic paramatta is stuct on same date from past three weeks.lazy i guess

Out of curiosity i was just going through ENS forums.by the looks of discussion,few of them had nomination approved in 2 weeks and the visa approved with in 2 months.and i read nearly 15 cases who lodged in june.

Another thing i noticed is we have 46 pages approximately in this forum and they have nearly 246(shows the amt of applicants) and most of them have nominations approved prior to us.i thought RSMS was priority 1 and ENS was 2.

F... Immi

Thank you bghkh.I'm bit dubious abt going on bridging E cause in case my nomination and application gets rejected I would stand no where.not that it would( diploma of dental technology degree in Australia ,in sol list,in regional area,employee full-time required,genuine employer,no exceptional circumstances).but u never know.

So I was thinking of actually doing some dumb course till march or april.do u think it's wise?????.good to know they will consider my application as normal as to others.

you will know within three months of your nomination application (maximum) that you have got the nomination or not! the department will not cancel your student visa without notice, they will ask you to get enrolled within 2 months of their letter to meet your visa requirement. by the time you will know the nomination outcome, seek exceptional circumstances.

Guest smwarlock20
you will know within three months of your nomination application (maximum) that you have got the nomination or not! the department will not cancel your student visa without notice, they will ask you to get enrolled within 2 months of their letter to meet your visa requirement. by the time you will know the nomination outcome, seek exceptional circumstances.

Thanks mate.but i have lodged my nomination n application together.if things go fast,visa should be approved sooner.if it takes just 3 months,would be perfect.

After ur reply,im just thinking to wait till immigration contacts me,if things go late with RSMS,then i can join some course.

Guest tandcmum

got notice this week that my RSMS nomination has ben approved so i can now apply for the visa :)

Just waiting for employers to get back to me though cos the email said 857 nomination and i should be going on a 119 being offshore. The nomination letter itself doesn't have any subclass written on it, hopefully it will be okay

Guest smwarlock20
got notice this week that my RSMS nomination has ben approved so i can now apply for the visa :)

Just waiting for employers to get back to me though cos the email said 857 nomination and i should be going on a 119 being offshore. The nomination letter itself doesn't have any subclass written on it, hopefully it will be okay

Thats weird mate.they are really stupid or..... blind i suppose.

Guest tandcmum
Thats weird mate.they are really stupid or..... blind i suppose.

I'm just hoping my employers haven't gpt muddled cos i would think most people come over on a 457 then convert to a PR visa so the onshore one might be the one they use the most, will ait to hear back from them

Guest smwarlock20
I'm just hoping my employers haven't gpt muddled cos i would think most people come over on a 457 then convert to a PR visa so the onshore one might be the one they use the most, will ait to hear back from them

So mate u mean u haven't been informed what type of visa your employer nomination has lodged.that's strange.as far as I see it,i think you are on 857,unless ur 457 has expired n visa conditions state ur presense overseas

Hi guys,

I see that you have much more problem than me at the moment,but does anyone can help me and to confirm to me is it mandatory that I have my skills assessment approved before I apply for 857 or it is not mandatory?My Authority Body is Engineers Australia and I am a civil engineer.

Thanks a lot

Guest smwarlock20

Hey tandcmum

Can u tell me how you input your timeline under everypost.I know it's a noob question.I have tried just to see that I failed.

Guest smwarlock20
Hi guys,

I see that you have much more problem than me at the moment,but does anyone can help me and to confirm to me is it mandatory that I have my skills assessment approved before I apply for 857 or it is not mandatory?My Authority Body is Engineers Australia and I am a civil engineer.

Thanks a lot

Mate I had the same doubt about my profession.I called diac and basically they require registration or licensing from your local authority.for instance,I am a dental technician and my registration body is "Dental technician board of Queensland",which I have already provided.even though my assessing body is Trade recognition Australia.(which they don't require).I hope this clears your doubt.

Hey tandcmum

Can u tell me how you input your timeline under everypost.I know it's a noob question.I have tried just to see that I failed.

1. Click on "User CP" located on top left navigation menu.

2. On left hand side of the page, under "Settings and Option" Click Edit Signature.

3. Fill in what ever timelines you have and save. It will automatically posted with each of your posts. (you may want to copy someone's signature and edit the times accordingly to your application).

Cheers!

Mate I had the same doubt about my profession.I called diac and basically they require registration or licensing from your local authority.for instance,I am a dental technician and my registration body is "Dental technician board of Queensland",which I have already provided.even though my assessing body is Trade recognition Australia.(which they don't require).I hope this clears your doubt.

Thanks smwarlock20,

but I am still in doubt.So ,when I rang Migration they told me 3 times different story,YEEES,NO and MAYBE is mandatory.I just want to know can I start to go in process before I apply,even Migration agents told me different story.So,sorry but I am still confused.I am trying to do everything what is in my power that they can't refuse my application,but I am finding that assessment will be a challenge because I have no much experience.

Anyway thanks a lot,so maybe I'll find someone in engineeringindustry but same situation.

Guest smwarlock20
Thanks smwarlock20,

but I am still in doubt.So ,when I rang Migration they told me 3 times different story,YEEES,NO and MAYBE is mandatory.I just want to know can I start to go in process before I apply,even Migration agents told me different story.So,sorry but I am still confused.I am trying to do everything what is in my power that they can't refuse my application,but I am finding that assessment will be a challenge because I have no much experience.

Anyway thanks a lot,so maybe I'll find someone in engineeringindustry but same situation.

I can understand your situation.well the only advice i can give u is call 1800 040 070,employers hotline number.they are helpfull,even though u r an employee.i got most of my info from them.they will direct u as per your profession.

But as i told u earlier it works only for onshore.if u applying 119,its a bull**** story of experiences they demand