Guest Rangerider33

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nomination on 21th Sep 2012, non-DRC, low risk country

Yeah I'm in the same boat too guys... nomination and visa lodged 11 September 2012, non-DRC, low risk country. On Friday I e-mailed my MA asking if he could request that my application be processed by Parramatta instead of Melbourne since Parramatta has cleared their backlog and Melbourne is still so far behind. Haven't heard back from him though :(

This is getting ridiculous! It's so frustrating. It's very difficult to remain positive when all we do is wait and wait and wait and hear nothing at all. It would be nice if they would at least publish an update as to what they are doing to handle the backlog in the most efficient way possible. Let the public what what they are doing and how they are dealing with it. For instance, to me it would make sense for DIAC to send some of the backlogged applications to Parramatta since Parramatta is up to date rather than leave all of the unprocessed applications sitting at Melbourne for ages. *sigh*

Any news from Melbourne centre?

No Lovepreet no news from melborne they written on web they procesing upto 1 April but I thing they April and may they are processing June months. I can't say anything we will get co Any time may be this month or hardly next months.

i talked with my ma he said he say thing and can't do thing he don't have thing his hand.

I m really Frustrd 11 months are going to fish after 3 week my checks will be expire

Even my file is drc . Thanks

No Lovepreet no news from melborne they written on web they procesing upto 1 April but I thing they April and may they are processing June months. I can't say anything we will get co Any time may be this month or hardly next months.

i talked with my ma he said he say thing and can't do thing he don't have thing his hand.

I m really Frustrd 11 months are going to fish after 3 week my checks will be expire

Even my file is drc . Thanks

my situation is same. There is nothing much we can do. My agent said the same thing.we can only wait. Just hang in there

Edited by noworriesmate

hi guys ..what will be your options if ur 187 visa gets rejected and u dun have any existing visa ??? can u apply student visa within 28 days ???

If my 187 is rejected, by that time I'm gonna be qualified for visa 190.( 60 points)

But I don't know if it's difficult to get an invitation from DIAC.

Could 190 be faster than RSMS now?

Yes, there is no distinction between the two any more. You can still do either.

Drc means that an agent has submitted the application as decision ready. This means all of the info possibly needed it submitted all at once. In theory they are processed quicker, but in reality they often aren't.

yes i have a ma, and i have my RCB approved , and nomination and application ll be submitted together , is that A decision ready?

Hi bellehuang,

My recommendation is that you request that your MA lodges the nomination and visa application as decision-ready (DRC). Your agent will need to complete a checklist, which gets submitted with the application that indicates that everything needed for a case officer to make a decision on your application has been provided. That being said, the only way the application can be submitted as decision-ready is if your agent has all of the necessary documentation. So we're talking AFP clearance certificate, overseas police clearance certificate, visa medical completed, form 80 completed, diploma and transcripts, employer references, BAS statement from your employer, annual report, organisational chart for your company... pretty much the whole lot. That is the whole point of the DRC applications is that the case officer has everything and doesn't need to take additional time requesting further documentation from the employer/applicant hence a quicker processing time (supposedly). Since you have a MA and a MA is the only way you can lodge decision-ready, you have nothing to lose by lodging your application as DRC as it doesn't cost any more, and it may benefit you regarding the processing time.

I wish I was a bit more informed of the DRC process when I was preparing my file with my MA, as I reckon we could have lodged mine as DRC, but it was lodged as non-DRC... Oh well! Anyway, good luck mate.

thanks a lot i have already email my ma to see if there is any chance for me to apply for drc or not.. but the thing is now it seems doesnt matter drc or non drc cos they take the same amount of time to process, anyway i ve heard that parramatta now is moving a bit faster than the others , i really hope that i can benefit from this situation ( parramatta is no longer on blacklog) , and would you mind sharing your timeline? i m here everyday to get myself together with all the hopes from you gusy:)