RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Hi, i lodged this one "The RSMS (subclass 857) visa is for applicants who are in Australia and lodged an RSMS (subclass 857) visa application on or before 30 June 2012" i have checked and i found i need to apply for 119 not 857 because i held 457 in perth 20 month ago, do you have any advise? Thanks

Where you actually on the 457 visa when you applied? If so you will be fine. If you were on a bridging visa you won't.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just came off the phone with immigration and they are no longer checking the status of an application meaning that they will not check if an CO has been assigned. (or even look at the case)

When I mentioned that I have been waiting for over 9 Months and that this is way passed their processing standard, I was told that the advise processing time only start when your case has been assigned an CO.

So my 9 months wait doesn't even register at DIAC. only if I get an CO and he/she takes over 8 months to action the application, then I would be outside their standards.

Anyway very unhelpful.:arghh:

I would give them a call tomorrow and hope for another person.

hi guys so relief today this afternoon i got pre grant letter flight booked for this Saturday heading down to bali,thanks everybody best of luck.

my time line is

26/6/2012 119 as a decision ready ,nominatated as a cook.

caseofficer 15/2/2013

nomination approved 19/3/2013

pre grant 20/3/2013

perth office

hi guys so relief today this afternoon i got pre grant letter flight booked for this Saturday heading down to bali,thanks everybody best of luck.

my time line is

26/6/2012 119 as a decision ready ,nominatated as a cook.

caseofficer 15/2/2013

nomination approved 19/3/2013

pre grant 20/3/2013

perth office

Congrats vicky, just to know if diac contacted your employer or anyone ??

Hi, all just a question in we have done our wife's medical last week and Medibank alreday posted to the CO I personally asked to Medibank.My medical is expiring next month 10th So in this situtaion should I check with CO or not at the stage or wait for few days.Any answers.

Thank you in advance

Edited by RBP

Hi, which sub class you applied I think you can if you have applied onshore RSMS.

I think you're right RBP. I recently received "acknowledgement of a valid visa application" and there is a section on there entitled "Your entitlements to Government Services". It goes on to say that i may be entitled to Medicare and Centrelink benefits etc.

I am 119 and have ack letter,but I am 485 holder, so can I apply medicare card?

thanks

I do not think so I am the same as you.Acknowledgement letter does not say we will be entitled to get any benefits.Regards

Medicare cards depend on what country you come from on the 485 visa. If you are from a country such as Britain which has a reciprocal arrangement then you can get a card.

The bridging visa I'm afraid I don't know as I am from Britain and had Medicare on every visa I have had. You could always go in and ask, although in my experience Medicare staff don't know much at all about entitlements.

I was in australia when I applied 119 via and I have been sent a pre grant visa letter from DIAC . Now I have to leave australia for few days so they can grant me visa. <br>S/C 119 applied on 29th June 2012 .<br>nomination approved 11march 2013 <br>few docs requested by case officer <br>visa per grant letter sent by immi 15 march 2013 to leave australia<br>leaving Australia on 6th APril and back on 15 th APril<br>thanks 

I was in australia when I applied 119 via and I have been sent a pre grant visa letter from DIAC . Now I have to leave australia for few days so they can grant me visa. <br>S/C 119 applied on 29th June 2012 .<br>nomination approved 11march 2013 <br>few docs requested by case officer <br>visa per grant letter sent by immi 15 march 2013 to leave australia<br>leaving Australia on 6th APril and back on 15 th APril<br>thanks 

Which center did u apply?

That's fine. You should apply RSMS 857 visa. We have same case and also with my dad. I am also a 457 visa before secondary applicant of my dad's 457 visa. And apply my own 857 visa and it was granted.

thank you so much for your reply and positive answer , i like to know when you got your 457 after how many month you lodged for second case(RSMS) ?

We are not allowed to list the names of COs on this site. Any listed will be removed. They are real people who are entitled to their privacy. Would you like your name being put all over the Internet without your permission? What possible benefit would it have to you anyway?

Hi Fantastico,

I am a secondary applicant of my dad's 457 visa. I arrive here in australia jan 2011. Dad's applied his RSMS 857 visa August 2011 and unfortunately i had not been included on his application because I am working full time and over age to be dependent. So wat I did by March 2012 I let my employer know about my situation and they willingly sponsored me. At that time they sponsored me I'm only working 10 months in the company. And luckily applications works well and granted. I have no agent. I process it on my own with the help of my HR officer.

thank you so much for your reply and positive answer , i like to know when you got your 457 after how many month you lodged for second case(RSMS) ?

Hi Fantastico,

I am a secondary applicant of my dad's 457 visa. I arrive here in australia jan 2011. Dad's applied his RSMS 857 visa August 2011 and unfortunately i had not been included on his application because I am working full time and over age to be dependent. So wat I did by March 2012 I let my employer know about my situation and they willingly sponsored me. At that time they sponsored me I'm only working 10 months in the company. And luckily applications works well and granted. I have no agent. I process it on my own with the help of my HR officer.