RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Guest alfredv
After a second letter an appeal to have my application changed from non-DRC to DRC, the request was approved. Application was submitted 20 Oct and approved 22 Jan (would have been end of April as a non DRC). Also heard of a pregnant applicant making a request and approved. Exceptional circumstances it is possible.

Hi Illegitimate convict,

Glad 2 know your application was processed faster after you appealed! A DRC application can only be submitted by a registered Migration Agent and not by an individual. So, if your application was expedited and you were assigned a CO, it was not because your application was changed to a DRC but rather expedited because it was an exceptional case.

http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/agents/pdf/faq-ens-rsms.pdf

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My MA contact with CO and he has gone for holidays from 18 April to 4rth of July. So what will happen now. We have to wait him until he come back or someone else handle my case. If have some ideas about that type of case, plz let me knowThanks

hi guys any information would be helpful . its been 7 weeks my employer has applied for RCB approval/certification but no news from them yet. Employer asked MA to contact RCB stating urgency that my(employees) other visa is soon to expire(1st june), which he did and received a rude reply from RCB saying it will take time. One of my friends is waiting for the RCB approval for last 11weeks, different job, different employer. Does anybody have an idea why it might be taking so long, as per my understanding it only takes 2-3 weeks for the approval/certification decision to come through. Also, Iam just wondering if this initial step is taking so long what lies ahead is a seriously long tunnel. whoops !!

Hi Illegitimate convict,

Glad 2 know your application was processed faster after you appealed! A DRC application can only be submitted by a registered Migration Agent and not by an individual. So, if your application was expedited and you were assigned a CO, it was not because your application was changed to a DRC but rather expedited because it was an exceptional case.

http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/agents/pdf/faq-ens-rsms.pdf

Hi Afredv

We started with a RMA. A colleague at the same school submitted his application DIY and it took 4 weeks and his was approved! No agent!

On this thread, read through all posts (I have) and you will see some that were approved within 6 weeks (no RMA stated). All non-DRC take about 6 months at Parramatta. I believe it can be done without RMA for a DRC if the consultant at DIAC "feels" its a DRC - how else? Especially if your application is "topped" with a checklist from DIAC web page for RSMS.

And yes it cannot work either. After my colleagues luck to save costs I went without RMA and it initialy was considered a non-DRC.

My MA contact with CO and he has gone for holidays from 18 April to 4rth of July. So what will happen now. We have to wait him until he come back or someone else handle my case. If have some ideas about that type of case, plz let me knowThanks

Hi Veenameena

After our request to have our application expidited (in November) it was given to a supervisor on holiday. We had to wait intill she returned. Then the supervisor gave it to a consultant (January) and guess what, she was on leave! We had to wait! Despite it all by 22 Feb we had it!

Hi VeenameenaAfter our request to have our application expidited (in November) it was given to a supervisor on holiday. We had to wait intill she returned. Then the supervisor gave it to a consultant (January) and guess what, she was on leave! We had to wait! Despite it all by 22 Feb we had it!
Hi Illegitimate, Yesterday my MA contact at melbourne and they send email after 2 hours stating that your client's file has allocated to other case officer and also send his contact detail. Now waiting for decision.

Guest smwarlock20

Hey guys hope everyone is doing well.took me quite a while to get over the excitement and some unfortunate events.my boss is being shitty with me.i will finish my contract on july 2013.i was hoping that i could leave then but itseems the 2 year period starts from the day of approval.so like being april 2014.i dont know whether to be happy to get approval letter or to be sad that i will be in this hell for another 2 years

Hi Illegitimate, Yesterday my MA contact at melbourne and they send email after 2 hours stating that your client's file has allocated to other case officer and also send his contact detail. Now waiting for decision.

Thats good news Veenameena! Your agent has influence! Always comes in handy! Soon now, the light at the end of the tunnel is tangible! Exciting times!

Hey guys hope everyone is doing well.took me quite a while to get over the excitement and some unfortunate events.my boss is being shitty with me.i will finish my contract on july 2013.i was hoping that i could leave then but itseems the 2 year period starts from the day of approval.so like being april 2014.i dont know whether to be happy to get approval letter or to be sad that i will be in this hell for another 2 years

I have looked everywhere and came to the same conclusion! Some on this thread are willing to take the chance, and if caught argue "same job description same region!" But not with a family! Mine will end Feb 22 2014! I might pull the plug Dec 2013, if I decide to move?

Guest smwarlock20
I have looked everywhere and came to the same conclusion! Some on this thread are willing to take the chance, and if caught argue "same job description same region!" But not with a family! Mine will end Feb 22 2014! I might pull the plug Dec 2013, if I decide to move?

looking at this it states that we need to stck to our contract.where as my grant letter states that 2 year term starts from the day of approval.i will take immigration to court if thathats the case,cause this is decieving.i could have applied 885 n got my visa march 2013.looking at the immi rsms page i decided to go for rsms visa.this is so frustating mate.my employer is like it starts from the day the approval letter was sent.i want to say shove it..unfortunately cant

rsms obligation.jpg

rsms obligation.jpg

hi guys any information would be helpful . its been 7 weeks my employer has applied for RCB approval/certification but no news from them yet. Employer asked MA to contact RCB stating urgency that my(employees) other visa is soon to expire(1st june), which he did and received a rude reply from RCB saying it will take time. One of my friends is waiting for the RCB approval for last 11weeks, different job, different employer. Does anybody have an idea why it might be taking so long, as per my understanding it only takes 2-3 weeks for the approval/certification decision to come through. Also, Iam just wondering if this initial step is taking so long what lies ahead is a seriously long tunnel. whoops !!

Hi lifeardtrip

We submitted our nomination and visa simulteneously on 22 Oct. Within 2 weeks my employer were notified it was approved. That is phase 1 & 2 of the process done. After submitting some outstanding paperwork by 22 Feb we had our RSMS visa. But there was a fair amount of frenzied activity in between to get thing sorted and approved. Phase 1 is about the buiness, not you. Phase 2 is about the business wanting to employ you, not much you can do about that. You part is phase 3 when you submit all your supporting documents.

I got an email from Paramatta today saying that it will take 7 months to get a CO and then any amount of time after that. We got nomination approval the end of March. Worrying as we have signed contracts to buy a house and need our PR :(

Hi Albury

You have ended up on the non-DRC pile! (not considered Decision Ready Certified, usually for RMA (registered Migration Agents) but now and again a DIY applicant slips through).

We were in the the same boat (like the pun!) and sent an email (few lines) that the implications of waiting 6 months (at that time) would have serious consequences. I was told that it was not considered serious enough. Then I sent a 4 page email and 6 attached documents with proof to have my application expidited. It was granted and took only 4 months.

Listening to some colleagues, friends and acquintances, many who have waited years for visa or permits and somethat had to go back to country of origin only to return, we consider ourselves very very fortunate!

I am not sure that it is the appropriate thread for this question, but many of you have done applied by yourself...

I am not filling form 47ES for RSMS, and have question about "Q33 said exceptional circumstances."

Because I am a trade person, I am not required Diploma level for this application.

On Form 1054, we ticked Yes on "Is this nomination for an occupation that requires the appointment of a

person with a technical or trade qualification requiring at least a AQF

Certificate III?" and the form doesn't say I should attach the reason why this is exceptional in the case.

Does this means, I do not fill the exceptional circumstances on Form 47ES??

thanks

Hi,

All I have sent off form 47es 47a and all supporting doc including medicals to Mel on 23/04/2012 but did not hear anything yet how long they take to respond is it common or ? Can anyone answer please?Resham

Guest alfredv

Just received an acknowledgement email from my RMA about my DRC visa application that was lodged on 23rd April. Hopefully it shouldnt be long!! Payment has been taken off my credit card.

Guest alfredv
Good luck everyone! I got my RSMS granted yesterday after lodging on the 24th of April. I didn't get an acknowledgement letter for some reason, just went straight to grant.

Couldn't believe it only took two weeks!

Congratulations!!! That was really quick!

Congrats Nicolac34!

Was it through an agent?

Yeah we used an agent, was submitted DRC and we had a note on it saying it was urgent as I couldn't work for my employer due to the 6 month limit on my WHV being up and the fact I was leaving to go to the UK tomorrow for a couple of weeks and it couldn't be granted whilst we are away. Don't know whether it helped or was considered - but it was certainly quicker than we thought it would be!

Yeah we used an agent, was submitted DRC and we had a note on it saying it was urgent as I couldn't work for my employer due to the 6 month limit on my WHV being up and the fact I was leaving to go to the UK tomorrow for a couple of weeks and it couldn't be granted whilst we are away. Don't know whether it helped or was considered - but it was certainly quicker than we thought it would be!

Well that's a new record - hope you sent your CO a box of chocolates! Just shows once in a while there is a person in DIAC that changes the usual processing expectations!