Transporting a car

Guest KatyNick

Ive just been looking at Iron Chef imports, isnt it just a car importer for people wanting to buy cars from Japan? there isnt anything about shipping? what was the contact for shipping? cheers

It also deals with customs clearance etc for people bringing their own cars into OZ as well, the shipping contact he gave me is nicola.grace@seaway.com.au They work together so between them the whole process is covered

• 2 weeks later...
Guest juliemoon

Can you send me details for sending car to Australia, we are leaving in 3 days, and just thought we should take ourcar and this seems cheap thanx Julie

Can you send me details for sending car to Australia, we are leaving in 3 days, and just thought we should take ourcar and this seems cheap thanx Julie

Hi Julie

Do you have an import permit? You can't do it without one, takes a month too sort and car can't leave uk with out one!

Its kristian@ironchefimports.com and Nicola.Grace@seaway.com.au for shipping

I'll be honest I think you'll be lucky to get this sorted in 3 days even if you have import permit, its taken me a month to sort out the shipping, Kristian isn't an issue because his work starts on arrival but Nicola is in Oz so you won't hear back from her until the early hours.

Hope that helps

Rose

• 11 months later...
Guest hannash

hey rose ,,hey triple ,,did either of use end up bringing your mercs to australia ,,i`m thinking of bring mine and just wondered how it went ,,,thanks and bye :unsure:

Hi, yes i did and went smoothly apart from the import paperwork being mislaid by iron chef, cost us 10 days but i do know of someone who sung there praises, well worth it though and wasn't that expensive! I haven't got an exact price as we brought a motor bike and costs were lumped together but I'd say using roll on roll off together with all costs was about £4000-4500 which is worth it as all cars never mind mercs are expensive here!

Guest hannash

hey rose thanks for answering ,,if you dont mind did you get insurance ok without being robbed,, and was your car on the australian list of mercs models thanks again

hi were thinking of taking car, we had pss round and our house is just over 20 ft so i asked about taking the car and the quote was quite reasonable..... now our car is no classic and not worth much and allways thought not worth taking (no banger either) we know we would have trouble re selling so quite prepaired to run into the ground what im finding hard to research is the costs when we get to perth......our car is a c4 quite new but have owned over a year, we have looked into how much cars are in wa and trawled the showrooms last june and this still seems a cheeper way

jools x

Archived