Waikiki

chlodanamy

Has anyone got any comments on Waikiki for somewhere to move to for a family of 5, including 3 kids 8, 5 and 3?? schools, employment any information you may have on the area would be gratefully received.

hi my friend has just moved from waikiki [harrington waters ] its a new estate with primary school which she said was very good ....not sure about employment ...u havent said what u do .....waikik is a suburb of rockingham which has all the amenities ...it has just been voted 3rd year in a row for having the cleanest beach in wa .......hope this is of some help

mrs keily

Harrington Waters estate is very nice and new, not beachside but near to Warnbro train station so good if you get a job in the city. Personally I`d look there or the older beachside of Waikiki.TBH wait til you arrive and have and have a good look around the whole Rockingham area - it covers a load of suburbs both old and new, beachside and inland.

Guest MatandNic

Hi,

We've just moved to Safety Bay/Waikiki four weeks ago. There are different areas withing the suburb. There's a couple of shoping areas, a few schools and good access to Rockingham, the coast, the Kwinana freeway and it's between Rockingham and Warnbro train stations.

As with all suburbs, it has different parts and there are good and bad areas. The only problem is that everyone will have there own opinion on what these areas are. You may like one area that another person wouldn't touch. Only you can decide when you get here. Target an area to look at and before you commit to living there check it out yourself.

As for employment it depends what you want to do. Waikiki is basically a big housing estate with some shops and schools. I guess most employment will be in Rockingham or other bigger centres (e.g Perth itself).

MatandNic

Guest The Picketts

Hi there - we have lived in Harrington Waters estate in Waikiki for three years now and love it. The beach is walkable (15 minutes at a brisk pace!). The train station (Warnbro) is also walkable (for when you can't drink and drive). There is a lovely lake and picnic area at the centre of the estate and is situated very conveniently for the Waikiki shops, Warnbro shops and Rockingham City shops and foreshore. There is a school on the estate for young children with senior schools nearby. All in all a very nice place to live. We are retired so don't know about employment but certainly everyone around here seems to have a job...... Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, we to live in Waikiki and love it! we are in the older part -we rented beach side for 18mths and then bought the other side of Read Street. i just love Waikiki shops the lighthouse and the palm trees make me feel on holiday all the time LOL.

my kids go to safety bay senior school and are both doing really well. Harrington Waters is a very pretty estate with some stunning houses....we just prefer older houses with bigger plots.

you really need to see for yourself as you may hate it once you get here...best advise i was given was to rent for 6-12 months to get a good feel.....seems like a long time but it goes sooooo fast.

hope this helps

Deb

Archived