ACS Skill assessment and Group C

User Name

I am trying to work through the rules surrounding group C. Lot of people I am coming across are saying that once your have elapsed your 6 month since course completion, you cannot apply under group C because you are no longer "recent graduate".

I can't find this rule anywhere on ACS. For group C it says:

Recent work experience exemption under the DIAC provisions for applicants who meet the Australian study requirement

Hence does this imply that all graduates of Australian university (even from 2008) are eligible to apply for a re-assessment under ANZSCO despite the fact that they have finished their course more then 6 months ago?

Or do we have to go for group A and have 2 minimum years of work experience if we are to get reassessed?

Hope any agent can help as it may clarify things for many of us stuck at cat4.

Thanks.

Guest TheStig

The 6 month rule is set by DIAC and not by ACS. ACS do not care when you graduate to apply for a skills assessement. You can apply for a skills assessment in Grp C within 6 months after graduating or 3 years after graduating.

Under the current rules, if you want a re-assessment for the ANZSCO code; you will have to submit a NEW application to ACS and lodge a NEW GSM application with DIAC.

The 6 month rule is set by DIAC and not by ACS. ACS do not care when you graduate to apply for a skills assessement. You can apply for a skills assessment in Grp C within 6 months after graduating or 3 years after graduating.

Under the current rules, if you want a re-assessment for the ANZSCO code; you will have to submit a NEW application to ACS and lodge a NEW GSM application with DIAC.

Thanks man. Thought so.

Archived