How long will the SMP's need to be delayed for before I top the group 3 queue?

rinkerdink

Hi,

I was a 176SS but now find myself in the 'new' group 3, as these have started to be processed now (seem to be working on Feb 2008 applications now) has anybody got an educated guestimate on how long the SMP would need to be delayed for before my application (offshore May 2009) found its way to the front of the group 3 processing queue?

For those in the know this question won't (hopefully) be as ambiguous as it appears given that the applications per month are known and the previous performance of the DIAC processing is also known.

I was hanging on tenterhooks for the SMP's but as the old SS applications are not sure to be automatically converted to SMP applications I could do without the admin or additional cost of reapplying for SMP sponsorship. The delay in rolling out the SMP's could prove to be a godsend for me!:chatterbox::chatterbox::chatterbox:

Any best guesses are appreciated, go on have a stab at it :radar::Randy-git::shocked:

Guest HoriFTC
Hi,

I was a 176SS but now find myself in the 'new' group 3, as these have started to be processed now (seem to be working on Feb 2008 applications now) has anybody got an educated guestimate on how long the SMP would need to be delayed for before my application (offshore May 2009) found its way to the front of the group 3 processing queue?

For those in the know this question won't (hopefully) be as ambiguous as it appears given that the applications per month are known and the previous performance of the and in DIAC processing is also known.

I was hanging on tenterhooks for the SMP's but as the old SS applications are not sure to be automatically converted to SMP applications I could do without the admin or additional cost of reapplying for SMP sponsorship. The delay in rolling out the SMP's could prove to be a godsend for me!:chatterbox::chatterbox::chatterbox:

Any best guesses are appreciated, go on have a stab at it :radar::Randy-git::shocked:

I think it is too early to speculate about this... (Apart from that, we saw visa grants last week where the applications were lodged in Dec 2009 and in 2010 so DIAC is definitely dealing with applications not on the basis of application date.)

What if the Coalition will win the Federal Election, and they change the migration system again???

Hi,

For those in the know this question won't (hopefully) be as ambiguous as it appears given that the applications per month are known and the previous performance of the DIAC processing is also known.

It would definitely be good if your application can be processed now before the SMPs are released... However, DIAC have stated that all applicants who have applied before 1st July, 2010, whose occupations are in Schedule 4, are now in Priority 4 and who has SS, if their occupation is on the sponsoring State's SMPs, they can get to Priority Processing 2 ! Here is the answer in the FAQ

Q17 I applied for GSM. If my nominated occupation is not in Schedule 3 of the SOL in effect at

1 July 2010 can my application receive higher priority processing?

Yes if you are nominated by a state or territory government under a state migration plan.

Applicants who lodged before 1 July 2010 that have been nominated by a state or territory government agency in an occupation that is subsequently specified in their nominating state or territory’s state migration plan will receive processing under priority group 2.

It would definitely be good if your application can be processed now before the SMPs are released... However, DIAC have stated that all applicants who have applied before 1st July, 2010, whose occupations are in Schedule 4, are now in Priority 4 and who has SS, if their occupation is on the sponsoring State's SMPs, they can get to Priority Processing 2 ! Here is the answer in the FAQ

Q17 I applied for GSM. If my nominated occupation is not in Schedule 3 of the SOL in effect at

1 July 2010 can my application receive higher priority processing?

Yes if you are nominated by a state or territory government under a state migration plan.

Applicants who lodged before 1 July 2010 that have been nominated by a state or territory government agency in an occupation that is subsequently specified in their nominating state or territory’s state migration plan will receive processing under priority group 2.

Just saw the same on another forum, cracking news!

Guest GemandJay
Hi,

Hi Rinkerdink

Great question we lodged July 09 so 2 months after you and are now (we think) are Cat 3 so we keep asking, thinking and wondering when?? If you get an answer please let me know.

many thanks and good luck

:biggrin:

Archived